Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This week in Ironwoods Backyard.

Here are a few shots I took in my backyard this week while walking the dog.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9141.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	442377

Name:	DSC_9170.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	442378
    Cheers, Brad.

An Ant doing what ants do....

Name:	DSC_9213.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	442380

Name:	DSC_9223.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	442381

Name:	DSC_9272.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	198.6 KB
ID:	442382

Name:	DSC_9274.jpg
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	442383
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

My Jumping Spiders are very slowly starting to come back, their numbers were decimated during Cyclone Debbie.

Name:	DSC_9296.jpg
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	442385

Name:	DSC_9300.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	442386
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

These are all good shots Ironwood. Those jumping spiders are super cool and you have captured them really well - the lighting is great, highlighting a lot of detail and colour. The last one really tells a story, like it's just hiding there waiting for a tasty snack to come swaggering by so it can jump on it. Love the colours in the Kooka shot and that roo looks as though it would take on anything that threatened the joey. It looks like it's asking "you wanna go, do ya?". Ants aren't my thing but these seem to be an unusual colour - nicely photographed.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

All good captures Brad. I go through macro stages myself but usually it's orchids or fungi that interest me on land.. Underwater it's nearly everything but my diving days are numbered so what I have, might be what I'm going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
            These are all good shots Ironwood. Those jumping spiders are super cool and you have captured them really well - the lighting is great, highlighting a lot of detail and colour. The last one really tells a story, like it's just hiding there waiting for a tasty snack to come swaggering by so it can jump on it. Love the colours in the Kooka shot and that roo looks as though it would take on anything that threatened the joey. It looks like it's asking "you wanna go, do ya?". Ants aren't my thing but these seem to be an unusual colour - nicely photographed.
            Thanks Isac.
            As a general rule, I normally don't bother with ants, they just move too quickly and they frustrate me. But this one was quite slow, so I persevered with it to get these shots. I was drawn to it because of the orange colour, and it was about 12mm long, so I couldn't miss it. ( These photos are all of the one same ant ) Jumping Spiders are more my thing, I love it when I can get one in front of the lens, and it stays put for a while.

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
            All good captures Brad. I go through macro stages myself but usually it's orchids or fungi that interest me on land.. Underwater it's nearly everything but my diving days are numbered so what I have, might be what I'm going to get.
            Thanks Greg.
            I take a few flower shots as well when they are blooming, but usually when I go for a walk in the garden I am set up for insects at close quarters.
            I think you need to move up north Mate, a bit more dive friendly up this way
            Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• seaslug
              seaslug commented
              Editing a comment
              Be up there for a week at the end of the month. Usually by the end of the week I can't wait to get back!

• Ironwood
              Ironwood commented
              Editing a comment
              Whitsunday's area Greg ? Still recovering from Cyclone Debbie up this way, but open for business.

That is one helluva backyard you have Brad........
            A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• Ironwood
              Ironwood commented
              Editing a comment
              Cheers Eaglem. Sometimes I think I have the best backyard in the world
          Working...
          X