Views:	26
Size:	306.4 KB
ID:	444124

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snake 3 .jpg
Views:	26
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	444123

Nicely done Greg. Can't decide which I prefer.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

I prefer to be a long way from it..... Nice shot.
      A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Off with his head!. I know there protected but I don't like them. They don't survive if I see them around the house.
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

Good shot Greg. It looks like it's watching you very carefully. I'm with Hans about not liking them and I've had to get a bit heavy handed with a few dugites around the house when the kids were little. But I've learned a lot since then and just give them space to do their thing.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I used to be terrified of them as a kid. I grew up with the Stanley 'Nut' as my back yard and that being a mutton bird rookery it was 'crawling' with snakes, some of which would visit our garden at times.

Now I still have a healthy respect for them but get quite excited when I find one.. (and I do go looking for them).

I don't see a reason to kill any native species.. they disappear quick enough with the way we turn forests and bush into habitats for ourselves. We need to learn to live with them, not instead of them.

Comment

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
              I used to be terrified of them as a kid. I grew up with the Stanley 'Nut' as my back yard and that being a mutton bird rookery it was 'crawling' with snakes, some of which would visit our garden at times. Now I still have a healthy respect for them but get quite excited when I find one.. (and I do go looking for them). I don't see a reason to kill any native species.. they disappear quick enough with the way we turn forests and bush into habitats for ourselves. We need to learn to live with them, not instead of them.
              +1 here ...
              BTW ... I can't understand why you didn't move away the light-coloured bit of grass that's just under its chin
              Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
                +1 here ... BTW ... I can't understand why you didn't move away the light-coloured bit of grass that's just under its chin Phil
                Thought about it, then sat down and waited for the feeling to go away. ☠️

Comment

Grass removed as Phil hinted at. I just couldn't help myself
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	seaslug-snake.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	444205
                  I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
                  "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• seaslug
                    seaslug commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well done.. best way to do it too!

• Isac
                    Isac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Greg. I just removed the shadow above the snakes head to improve it as well - much better.
                Working...
                X