Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same shower on Hibiscus.

Still the next door neighbours plants coming through our fence line. I got out of bed early for a Saturday to find everything with ladened with water droplets. I wanted to catch the blossoms as they were still curled up waiting for the sun shine to open up the bloom.
    No1 no4 looking at the side view of the blossom No2 No 3 looking down into the blossom. Still using a macro lens f2.8 and a fill in flash. Very little work done in lightroom. Would be happy to hear any and all remarks. Gordon.

No 1
    Click image for larger version

Name:	water3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	449074

No2

Name:	water1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	449070

No 3

Name:	water1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	449071

No 4

Name:	water2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	449073
    Attached Files
    Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
    Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

I like # 2 and 3 best Gordon but the background is a bit bright and distracting. It would be great if you could isolate the flower (which is quite beautiful) from the background and then I think you would have a lovely image.

Comment

• Gordon
      Gordon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Greg, I may have to try and either do some work in Lightroom or try with a backup flash, and cut back on the ISO to give me a darker back ground. I have done a bit of Macro before but its restricting the depth of field and light in the back ground I will have to play around a little bit. Cheers Gordon.

They are all good Gordon. #2 and #3 like Greg said but I think they are a bit blown in some of the petals.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
      I like # 2 and 3 best Gordon but the background is a bit bright and distracting. It would be great if you could isolate the flower (which is quite beautiful) from the background and then I think you would have a lovely image.
      Maybe something like this.

Name:	Wet.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	449146

Comment

Nice drop shots
        A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

thanks Guys something to remember the next time.
          Canon, 5D MK3 5D Mk11 300mm f2.8, 28-300 f3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, 100 Macro.

Gordon
          Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustrantor

Comment

Working...
          X