Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Drama ...

Had a look just after sundown and there was a Gecko lapping up the banana juice, may account for the missing beetles.

Quite an active little world, the railing on the veranda.

Aggression as communication. Occasionally the giant beetle glanced in the ants direction. Well aware of each other.

Aware but not intimidated, armoured as she is. The ants were focussed on the beetle as she continued eating regardless.

The ants settled down and now and then one would come to inspect the giant, perhaps to bathe in its quiet presence.

And the beetle came to life, other than eating, and I got a few shots for the record.
    Nature's Place - Macro Illustrated

I'm a great fan of Beatles and Antz Mark. Lovely images - colour and detail spot on. A great story as well. Maybe a consideration for HansE's latest comp "Tell me a story"?
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

A great little story with a touch of drama. Excellent shots to illustrate.
      A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Excellent series Mark. I love the amount of detail you have captured in that last photo.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Like the added dimension of the interaction and the great depth of field. Good work!
          Better a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy.
          Hans

Comment

Thanks for comments all, appreciated.
            Nature's Place - Macro Illustrated

Comment

Working...
            X