Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another shadow

Of its former self.
    Not 100% sure but I thought it was a cricket carapace similar to the live example I've included when I took the shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	carapace.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	391.9 KB
ID:	31566

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cricket.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	372.6 KB
ID:	26824

It's the little things!

Cheers, Greg C.

Great shots. The star of the second one has a rather wise and contemplative air about it. Which probably vanished a second or two later.

Was the light on the first one supplied by the friendly sun, a flash, a post production tweak, or?...

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisC333 View Post
      Great shots. The star of the second one has a rather wise and contemplative air about it. Which probably vanished a second or two later.

Was the light on the first one supplied by the friendly sun, a flash, a post production tweak, or?...
      Thanks, the light was supplied by the Almighty.
      It's another shot taken with my little compact LX5 Panasonic. No flash, just what I had available from the sun at the time.

The contemplative look on the second could be due to the egg it's passing from its rear end!
      Last edited by seaslug; 22-12-2017, 07:06 AM.
      It's the little things!

Cheers, Greg C.

Comment

Congratulations are due. The second photo is now in line for a much coveted local award, should you choose to accept it.

To explain:

My own personal goal with photography is not to get big bucks commissions, to win Awards in open contests or to get placings in camera club competitions. It's to catch the eye of a very discerning and selective judge (my wife) and achieve a spot at a very exclusive gallery -(the front of our fridge). Space is of course very limited and only the best of work produced by myself and various friends gets a spot (admittedly along with a collection of fridge magnets, the odd card, etc. When I showed her the green beauty this morning, she not only got out of bed for a closer look, but declared herself a huge fan of it and said that it was worthy of a place on the fridge!

Naturally, she understands that you don't simply rip pictures off the internet without permission (she has a seagull there which was taken by a member on another forum, for which said permission was graciously granted). The pictures are only 6x4 postcard size, but it's the honour of being selected that counts.

None of my recent kookaburra or galah pictures have been given the Royal Request yet, so I may have to throw a temperamental artist tantrum over this.....

Please feel free to decline this opportunity but you would be able to say that your work is now featured in a very exclusive West Australian Gallery and seen by, oh, at least several wildlife photography lovers...

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

• seaslug
          seaslug commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you and you are most welcome. I feel honored!

• ChrisC333
          ChrisC333 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks very much Greg. She now occupies a prime spot at eye level on the fridge, and looks great!

Excellent photos Greg. Well deserved accolades from Chris. I'm sure it would look good on his fridge as well as earning an "Isac Images Wall Hanger Award"!
        IShootACanon

Web: isacimages.com.au
        "Don't touch". Must be the scariest thing to read in braille!

My Gear
        Proudly supporting Kaarakin Black Cockatoo Conservation Centre

Comment

Very good captures
          HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Working...
          X