Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars

Decided to get out and do some star shots on a clear night in winter. Amazed me how you can forget the cold when you are concentrating on something. One with light painting, one without
    Attached Files

You're getting there with these Gabby, good on you for getting out in the cold and tackling a very difficult genre of photography.

I'll mention a couple of problems I'm seeing with these images.

#1 is way too bright in the foreground imho and also needs a sharpen and crop. The foreground is too dominant for my tastes.

#2 needs sharpening and I think would benefit from a crop from the bottom. In both images the main focal element is the night sky and in both the foreground is a dominant feature. This is just my opinion of course.

Here are my versions, both are very quick edits just to give an idea of what I'm seeing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_24094dd.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	385660

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_24093dd.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	385662
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Thanks Mick, have missed your detailed and informed comments. Re the sharpening, these were processed with my new monitor and what I was worried about, I hadn't sharpened enough obviously. The crops work and I like the darkened foreground in #1.

Comment

The second one is very effective. Love that hint of light on the horizon.

Comment

Thanks Greg. Not sure where the light is from, could be Gladstone but I lose all sense of direction out there.

Comment

Working...
          X