Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• night sky from kings tableland

been keen to have a go at the milky way this year on the tableland. went last year after the fires and the powers that be had access fenced off, so I light painted the car.
    I had heard the fences were down but every new moon over winter was either cloudy, raining or both.
    the forecast was favourable last week so up we went, even though we knew that the milky way would be low in the sky. it was but still worth seeing I guess

d4 17-35f2.8 @17mm tripod and cable release 25sec f4 iso 3200.
    the bright star is actually venus mars is also visible in this shot at the top 1/4 or so towards rhs border.
    the lights at the right are katoomba and the beams of light are coming from the 3 sisters.
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Looks worth the effort to me. Just straight from the lookout is it?
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Depends on which lookout you mean. Not flat rock (now Lincoln lookout) but at the end of the rd. Similar view from flat rock but there was a car there with people likely getting friendly

Comment

tableland good for a visit in the mornings too
        nice light, bids on cliff top etc

Comment

I quite like this.

Love the light hitting the hills centre foreground.
          -----------------------------------------------------
          Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

the light centre foreground is a bit of a mystery. certainly didnt look that light at the spot, my only explanation is the lights radiating from katoomba on the 3 sisters.the light beam that shows on the right, and just in a bit. other than that, I got nothing. thanks for commenting

Comment

Working...
            X