Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Moons

Just in case you are not completely over moon photos. Last night was a much better moon rise - no wind and light cloud and fewer people - I just couldn't get my act together while trying to use 3 cameras.

I probably should have just sat quietly and shared a champagne with a few friends, (and Leonard in absentia, as he had something to say about it, of course)

""The Moon is outside.
    I saw the great uncomplicated thing
    when I went to take a leak just now.
    I should have looked at it longer.
    I see it all at once and that's it
    for me and the moon"

from his 'Book of Longing'

RIP

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

That's quite a collection and all more interesting than the usual naked moon shots.

#1. I like this, particularly the closer foreground items and the cooler light on them. I think the composition might have been better from a viewpoint slightly to the right to move the fence to the left and the moon further from the centre

#2. I think the composition is weaker without the close foreground and the warmer light in the foreground doesn't have the same mood.

#3 & #4. Good use of foreground items. I like the simplicity of #4.

#5. Nice colours and clouds. Did you get any with more detail in the moon?
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks Alan

Didn't get any with much detail on that night, but I did on some earlier nights - in this other post

http://www.ausph.com/forum/photoholi...783-super-moon

I've got lots of pictures of the moon, so I was trying for something a bit different this time as I thought there would lots of nice detailed photos being posted elsewhere.

Cheers
      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Love all of these.

I ended up packing my gear away and heading for home without firing a single frame, just couldn't find a scene that looked good through the viewfinder.

Super moon looks exactly the same as normal moon to my eye.
        -----------------------------------------------------
        Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Working...
        X