Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed Beach

Ok, so I joined Instagram - just to see how it all works, (and maybe to find out why this place is so quiet)..... (any advice/tips appreciated from any other closet Instagramers)

The video tutes on using processing Apps are making my brain hurt

All iPhone photos obviously

and one not for posting there, (some things just can't be square)

Last edited by Alan; 12-12-2016, 08:21 PM.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Ah yes, I've heard of the Instagram thingy (as of course all of us groovy and hip folks have)

Love the processing on the first, it screams 'summer'.

The selective colour version of the second is very effective. The original isn't doing much for me I'm afraid but the image comes to life with the clever processing.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

I'm on Insta Alan. It's a social media so all about getting likes and followers. Most seem to follow others so they will get a follow back. Bit of an ego thing I think. I do like the # thing though as it allows your pics to be easily searchable for whatever you want. So if I # a location for example you can click that and see all other photos with the same #.
      Sony A7rii
      https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Thanks you two. (On Flickr, 4x more people liked the original vert than the B&W - go figure)

I doubt I'll use Insta much - I hate processing photos on a phone.

I'm sure there is a way around it, but I don't need more complexity/social media in my life.

Yes, the # thing might be useful. I watched a tute on how to choose hash tags - there is an art to it
        Last edited by Alan; 14-12-2016, 05:30 AM.
        Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

I've never bothered with Instagram and not too keen on some of the processing I've seen, but that first shot works well. I like both of the vertical shots and couldn't choose between them.

Just curious - why was the beach closed?
          Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks Alan

You can't see it in the photo, but there was a really strong sweep to the North after days of strong southerly winds
            Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
            X