Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erldunda Sunset

Erldunda Caravan Park was a pleasant surprise. Shady trees, grassy drive through sites, a Tavern with a Happy Hour and a Sunset viewing platform. Almost deserted campground. A Happy Camper

Click image for larger version

Name:	Avan Erldunda 1 PH.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	441324

Name:	Erldunda View 1 PH.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	441325

What could possibly go wrong.

Name:	Erldunda View 2 PH.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	358.1 KB
ID:	441326

The large campground is still pretty empty, but then someone else then pulls in on the other side of me. What the....

I moved, but the next site smelt of sewage - couldn't be bothered moving again for only a one night stay..

But things improved later when I went over to the Tavern for dinner..

Photos following.

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Haha funny how people do that Alan. I don't get it myself. It's happened to be several times, usually when there in no other campers as far as you can see. Someone decides to plop right next to you. I once had them park up so close I couldn't even open up my camper trailer (I hadn't set up yet).
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

They were probably like many caravan travelers. They probably parked next to you for some good company someone to talk to. They could have given you a bit of space though. Also it's common for that to happen so you can keep a look out for each other safety wise. You never know who's lurking about these days. I have friends who were victims of thieves (twice) on their last trip just a month ago.
      PS - I'd rather a drinking buddy than put up with sewerage!
      Good photos BTW
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Alan
        Alan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks and point taken Greg, but this couple wouldn't have been good drinking buddies. I think they knew the people in the site behind them and, rather than look at the back of their van they preferred to look straight into mine.

I did meet a lovely couple at Coober Pedy and they also pulled in after I had set up and choose a site at the end of my road . They also valued a bit of space.

We had several nice chats and swapped details and they drove past my site to say good bye in the morning and will call in if they are ever down Moruya way.

I guess people travel for many different reasons.

Anyway, moving on, I have more photos to process.

I have free WiFi tonight. (I'm over my Telstra limit already with a couple of weeks, at least, to go and have had to top up.

I should wait until I get home to process and post, but it gives me something to do at night.
        Busy day today on a guided tour of Alice
        Last edited by Alan; 03-05-2017, 08:30 PM.

• HansE
        HansE commented
        Editing a comment
        Seen this a few times. Don't forget the Macdonnel Ranges so far the most beautiful place I have seen in Oz. Good choice in vehicle as well

• Alan
        Alan commented
        Editing a comment
        Loving my Diesel Mazda .

Off to the West Macdonnell Ranges tomorrow
    Working...
    X