Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while since I was out of bed at sunrise!

G'day all

Well I had to think of some sort of a topic header !

Camped at the village of Jericho Qld at the moment - population = 84, with 20+/- caravans / camperevans staying temporarily at their RV Friendly rest area adding to the village's population

This morning I decided to have a small meander thru the bush behind the campsite area and as the sun rose, I came acoss these scenes

Hope you enjoy them

1- sunlight bursting through the trees

Panny G2; 1/100s x f4,9; 14-140 @ 45mm [ff equiv 95]; iso-320

2- track thru the trees

Panny G2; 1/100s x f4,9; 14-140 @ 45mm [ff equiv 95]; iso-100

3- Old fence post

Panny G2; 1/160s x f5,6; 14-140 @ 77mm [ff equiv 160]; iso-250

As always, comments & feedback welcome

Phil

No 2 for me
    Just love the rays of sunlight and I believe the early morning mist
    It pays to get up at sunrise, providing it is warm enough

Comment

Beautiful series to start the week - Thanks Phil
      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

It's a beautiful time of the day, just a pity it happens so EARLY!!
        Nice images.
        #2 for me too.
        D7100, SB700. PS CS5, LR 4.4 - Flickr

Comment

Good morning Phil, always had you pegged as an early riser? Not sure why I formed that idea?
          Interesting selections of shots from ya walk.

*The lens flare and slight blue cast on the RH side in the 1st is distracting for me but I'm still getting a sense of warmth & welcome.

*That track leading through the trees to the fence and then the sun is certainly a winner...You've made it very inviting.

*I reckon that post should be own it's? "Looks like they've recycled it a few times."
          You've captured some character with that rusty barb wire and cut-out for a stay all adding to another interesting image.

It's always great to take advantage of that early morning light. Looks like there's plenty of potential in that tiny little town.

Cheers.

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
          CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

G'day everyone

Thanks for your thanks

Yes Gaz -
            #1 ,,, the small blue refraction at lower right is a bit of a worry - but if I thought that the image was a long-term keeper / or a camera club comp entry, I might do something about it
            #2 ,,, yes I like it too - tho I don't know whether it will make the 'keepers' portfolio > maybe I'm just too fussy or a bit 'off' with my evaluations of my work these days
            #3 ,,, yes it's another 'liker' - I do like this sort of old fence post with bitz of old wire hanging about

Phil

Comment

Very nice story told here Phil - the colours at that time of day always pleasing with the sun giving everything a bit of a boost. Very calming and the sun shining through gives it a warm but brisk feel. I like all 3 but I think #2 because the framing is great and has a larger view of the surrounds.
              I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
              "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
                G'day everyone

Thanks for your thanks

Yes Gaz -
                #1 ,,, the small blue refraction at lower right is a bit of a worry - but if I thought that the image was a long-term keeper / or a camera club comp entry, I might do something about it
                #2 ,,, yes I like it too - tho I don't know whether it will make the 'keepers' portfolio > maybe I'm just too fussy or a bit 'off' with my evaluations of my work these days
                #3 ,,, yes it's another 'liker' - I do like this sort of old fence post with bitz of old wire hanging about

Phil
                Sorry Phil....My Bad , as these are posted in "Pick - it - to - Pieces" I assumed you were considering these to be your better work and looking for others opinions?

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
                CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

• Ozzie_Traveller
                  Ozzie_Traveller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks mate ~ anything I post here or elsewhere is open for a response
                  As to my personal 'keepers' vs 'chuckers' - well these days I tend to keep less than 10% of what I shoot
                  I think that I'm just a bit worn out image-wise

Phil
              Working...
              X