Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culinary efforts

I didn't notice the shadow until after the fact. Thats one problem. What else can you see.and what would you have done. Cheers

If you wish to Learn first learn silence.
    Cheers Pete.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/128884981@N07/

Basil goes well with tomato.. I'm not so sure about the sweet potato.

Comment

• Pete
      Pete commented
      Editing a comment
      My recipe.

Bake the sweet potato, Process a couple of tomatoes with finely chopped Chilli (not to much) Salt pepper to taste. Pour some tomato/ chilli mix on the plate. Lay 2-3 slices diagonal cut Multi grain bread on the mix. Cut baked potato into medallions cover the bread. Pour remainder of Tomato/ chilly mix over the top. Salt pepper to taste again. Enjoy. Each flavor stays individual but makes a acid sweet overall mouthful. And yeah basil can replace the chilli maybe add a little onion but be prepared to overpower the sweet potato. Cheers Pete

BEER, BEER, I find all forms of cooking go better with the Sparkling Brown,
    cheers
    Rod
    Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Comment

• Pete
      Pete commented
      Editing a comment
      Tinny Champers hey, I prefer Coffee. Maybe a glass of scotch. And why wait til the food.

I don't see a problem with the shadow. For a more minimilist approach I think the image would be stronger without the sweet potato and that would allow for a stronger composition. By that I mean positioning the knife on a stronger diagonal. It just seems to be in the wrong spot to my eye and it disturbs the geometry of the image.

Hope that makes some sense.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

• Pete
      Pete commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep I get all that and will give it another go. Gotta go to the shop first. The stronger diagonal do you mean the right hand swings to the position taken by the sweet potato. Re-position the camera perhaps. Thanks Mick (it is Mick I hope)

The only thing I would have done is to reposition the sweet potatoe so that it is away from the hand Bill

Comment

• Pete
      Pete commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thats good. Pete

PS forgot the shadow in my humble opinion helps to separate the hand from the chopping board Bill

Comment

• Pete
      Pete commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that its grown on me as well.

This might give you an idea.

The red lines show strong diagonals and the green show triangles. The tomatoes and chillies work beautifully (triangle and colour), the spud gets in the road and clutters things up and complicates the image. Also colourwise, it doesn't fit in. Aim for simplicity.

Geometric shapes are powerful tools so use them whenever you can.

I'm suggesting you need to have the knife (and your hands) either running as another parallel diagonal or forming another triangle somewhere . Don't need to go for extreme precision here but just be mindful of the elements at play.

This type of photography is really difficult to master, that's why I don't touch it lol. But when I'm scouting for landscapes or doing bird photography I'm always mindful of geometric shapes.

Eg: An egret walking the shoreline; the legs will provide a triangle at some stage, the long neck an 'S' bend which is another powerful shape. Circles and squares may 'appear', repeating patterns, whatever. Once you start to see them they are everywhere!

But most of all, remember have fun., there are no hard and fast rules, just vague guidelines . But they exist for a reason, they work most of the time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	16434881619_06fb3e8331_c.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	404744
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

• Pete
      Pete commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mick Thats great I'll set up again when I have the toms and chilli's and try again. Ta Mate Pete
Working...
X