Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crest Fallen

Single shot crop to produce Panorama. Poster edges filter at minimum post applied to increase contrast and definition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crest Fallen.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	406946

Sony A57 Sigma 105mm F9 1/1250 ISO 400

I must have acheived perfection... or apathy.

Comment

Hi Greg This is technically fine but the lighting is flat making the picture mundane. I would imagine a crop on the rhs with a bit more contrast would result in a more pleasing picture. A very quick chop with an expansion of tonal range.
      PS I still wouldn't enter it in a competition. Maybe you could add a tiny surfboard rider? lol
      Better a full bottle in front of me
      than a full frontal lobotomy.
      Hans

Comment

Originally posted by HansE View Post
        Hi Greg This is technically fine but the lighting is flat making the picture mundane. I would imagine a crop on the rhs with a bit more contrast would result in a more pleasing picture. A very quick chop with an expansion of tonal range.
        PS I still wouldn't enter it in a competition. Maybe you could add a tiny surfboard rider? lol
        You mean like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_27059a.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	410271

I wouldn't have entered it into a competition either Hans, but I do have an afinity with the sea and love to see clear calm water with a little break on the shore.

Thanks for making the effort to comment on this and all the others today.

Comment

Ha ha. Not quite I was thinking more of the board rider coming through the pipe! I have been to South Africa so been busy with pictures. Was going to enter the competition but getting an error when trying to upload Have saved the small jpeg file using different programs but it keeps telling me there is a file error.
          Last edited by HansE; 20-07-2015, 08:25 PM. Reason: It says I have typed nothing!
          Better a full bottle in front of me
          than a full frontal lobotomy.
          Hans

Comment

Originally posted by HansE View Post
            Ha ha. Not quite I was thinking more of the board rider coming through the pipe! I have been to South Africa so been busy with pictures. Was going to enter the competition but getting an error when trying to upload Have saved the small jpeg file using different programs but it keeps telling me there is a file error.
            Try uploading via the paperclip icon at the top rh side of the dialog box. It will bring up a button bottom left which gives you the option of uploading attachments from your files. Just make sure your file is no larger than 1024 pixels on the longest side. The upload should occur with a thumnail and will list the size options of the post in blue. Select medium or large. Your image should display and you can add text after it, then post reply.

Comment

Working...
            X