Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Stairs.

Steps made from the local Sandstone,leading to one of the walking trails at Mt Coot Tha Forest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stone Stairway.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	407515
    C+C,EDITS OK
    I shoot a Canon 90D with a few bits of glass.

Wow Kevin, it's been quite a few days and not a sign of life here. Pick it to Pieces usually brings them out, but not this time.

OK, so pick it to pieces it is. The one overwhelming thing here that keeps drawing my eye is the brown trunk on the right. It really throws out the balance of the composition, for me. Maybe a chain saw next time.

For the rest of the image, it's a nice concept. Maybe warm up the color a bit? But the brown trunk is a real spoiler - for me anyway.

Surely others could contribute here as well.
    Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      It's just not happening Charles. No response at all to the last one I put here... and not much any where else!

Thanks Charles,trying something outside my comfort zone of Birds and Bugs,lol.It is extremely quiet here,but I`ll persevere for a bit longer,hopefully someone else is still looking in.
    C+C,EDITS OK

Comment

It's too busy for me, as previously stated the brown tree in the foreground needs to be gone. The two small trees in the middle dissecting the stairs need removing which would leave the steps framed by the two remaining trees. I really like the way the light is coming through the trees in lines though.

Comment

Thanks,the light was the main thing that made me take this shot.I`ll remember your advice when taking future shots.
        C+C,EDITS OK

Comment

Haha, I'm probably the last person on here whom you should be taking advice from when it comes to composition, it's just those things stood out to me for some reason.

Comment

I think this also needs the Freudian principle applied since its longer than its wide!
            Better a full bottle in front of me
            than a full frontal lobotomy.
            Hans

Comment

Working...
            X