No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrington NSW - some images from a weekend outing

G'day all
    I've just had a couple of days at Barrington Reserve with some lovely people also interested in photography, where we splashed in the shallows, shivered during the star trails and played with sparklers and close up lenses ... although not all at the same time

Here's a couple of my efforts

1) Sundown over the paddock

exif- Panny G2 with 14-140 lens @ 100; 1/320sec @ f5,6, ISO 100. PP= increased contrast & saturation
    ps- this image also shows a 'hot pixel' ... you will find it as a red dot in the upper-central part of the image. While it's very rare to see it, I have chosen to leave it here so that you can all note that it occurs occasionally in all sensors

2) Cobwebs on a fence post

exif- Panny G2 with 14-140 lens @ 140; 1/500sec @ f6,3; ISO 400. PP= 50% burst of saturation

3) Water over the rocks

exif- Panny G2 with 14-140 lens @ 20; 2sec @ f11, ISO 100; ND-8 filter. PP= mono conversion

4) It's all water under the bridge

exif- Panny G2 with 14-140 lens @ 20; 1/100sec @ f4; ISO 100. PP= 20% increase in saturation

As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

Nice variety of shots. I think I like the monochrome water shot best
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Looks like a vert pleasant place to spend a weekend with some fellow togs, Phil.

I love the composition, light and depth in #1. Looks a bit dark to me though - esp that big dark area in the foreground which lacks detail - but the base of the tree needed to be included. My favourite.

#2 Great light and love the contrast of the delicate spider web and small seed with the heaviness and strength of the post and wire. I'd maybe try a square crop to eliminate the stuff on the left of the post? Good to see some rusty detail in the post - maybe that could be teased out a bit?

#3 Some nice tones and movement and my eye is certainly drawn through the image, but not quite working for me - maybe a lower viewpoint?

#4 Nice depth again. I'd like some colour/detail in the sky - but you take what you can get

Is that in the Barrington Tops?

TFS
      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Concur with Alan and think the #4 might look better this way around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Phils bridge.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	433930

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Looks like a very pleasant place to spend a weekend with some fellow togs, Phil.

I love the composition, light and depth in #1. Looks a bit dark to me though - esp that big dark area in the foreground which lacks detail - but the base of the tree needed to be included. My favourite. Hmmm - agreed ... maybe I've done a bit too much to it in attempting to bring out the highlights

#2 Great light and love the contrast of the delicate spider web and small seed with the heaviness and strength of the post and wire. I'd maybe try a square crop to eliminate the stuff on the left of the post? Good to see some rusty detail in the post - maybe that could be teased out a bit? Yeah - on 2nd thoughts it's worth a try

#3 Some nice tones and movement and my eye is certainly drawn through the image, but not quite working for me - maybe a lower viewpoint?

#4 Nice depth again. I'd like some colour/detail in the sky - but you take what you can get But Seaslug's image reversal makes it fly ... what a beaut idea

Is that in the Barrington Tops?
          Nup - the Barrington reserve just west of the village

Comment

Working...
          X