No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Gum

Tree.

Probably getting towards the end of it useful life as limbs have fallen. I find it difficult to capture the majesty of such trees and have opted to highlight the textures on the trunk. Would there be a better way to photograph the tree given that there is a lot of other scrubbery and trees of different species around the immediate area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Big gum.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1,010.8 KB
ID:	436837

ISO 125, F 2.8, 1/500 25mm equiv. FZ 300

It looks rather bulky than majestic. Is it a tall tree or a 'fat' tree? Maybe make the focal point higher up in the tree canopy ... or stand back further and include foreground for size comparison.
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      It's fat with a high canopy. As many of the larger branches are broken and fallen, a wider view looks untidy.

Bit of a difficult one but a tree worth recording.

Thanks for commenting, and you're right about not having a scale to compare against.

• Sully
      Sully commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps rope in a 'tree hugger' to help emphasize the trunk girth ... or stitch multiple images together.

I like the photo Greg. As you've mentioned, plenty of textures. maybe shoot from a couple of metres away and down low at the base - looking up the tree.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I'm with Isac here - it's a beaut image showing heaps of colour & texture and lovely detail

Phil

Comment

Meant to come back to this one, sorry.

Square crop suits. Great colour, texture and lines
        Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Working...
        X