• Show
Clear All

• Shakespeare at the vinyard

Click image for larger version

Name:	1702Gooree.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	524.9 KB
ID:	439011
    Tried to get a bit of the Renoir feeling.(with clothes on)
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Lovely family candid Hans. The vignette I think should be blurred a bit but I'm not sure if that is what you were going for.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Yes agree. I was going to just have the oval but then the people in the back were to bright so part of the oval was hidden. I was going to make it a bit arty/farty and used the edge glow effect then decided to use it for sharpening as an overlay. Surprised at the result.
      Hans

Comment

Just for you Hans.
        To add a vignette, add a new layer above your image, fill it with black and then add a layer mask (white) to it.
        Select the round brush with size to suit and a Hardness of 0.
        Set the "roundness" of the brush to about 65%. This will give it an oval shape.
        Place the brush in the middle of your image and paint (1 click at a time) on the white layer mask.
        Adjust the opacity if you want. Easy!
        I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Had a hell of a job working out how to get a black mask but did that eventually. Did not find the roundness setting for the brush but am happy with the results just by brushing in where I wanted the light.
          Hans

Comment

Here's a few quick things to make life easier for you Hans. On my website, there's a keyboard shortcut list that you can download. They are in a ZIP file which has both PC and MAC in the PDF format. In the first section, it deals with how to fill layers with colours. Probably worth a look. As you develop skills in PS you will use these a lot in most of your editing.

The brush roundness tool is in the BRUSH panel which you can open with F5 or from the top menu by clicking WINDOW > BRUSH. It should look like this:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Brushes - CS2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	439124
            You can adjust the roundness by typing in the amount (%) or actually grabbing a dot (top or bottom) and sliding it to the shape you want.
            I hope this helps. Cheers, Greg
            I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Of course, why didn't I look under window for my brush. Yes that worked. I did download the keyboard shortcuts. I will print them out as well they are obviously handy.
              Thanks again Isac.
              Hans

Comment

• Isac
                Isac commented
                Editing a comment
                You're most welcome Hans, anytime.
            Working...
            X