Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dam

First attempt at HDR something I have shunned.Click image for larger version

Name:	1704-Untitled_HDR2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	931.5 KB
ID:	440706
    Sharpened only in the red channel.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

A technique I'm not competent to comment on. Not sure what you are trying to achieve here.

One used to see a lot of HDR images, but I can't remember seeing one for years.

Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

I see a few and mostly they don't appeal at all. The odd one does.
      Hans

Comment

This looks fairly natural - which is good. I assume the HDR is to retain detail in the clouds and water. I think the overdone HDR has gone out of fashion in favour of a more natural look, which is why they seem less common. I have rarely been happy with my attempts at HDR and find that merging different exposures manually works better for me.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

HDR seems ok, overall the shot doesn't do it for me. HDR has its place, usually see it over cooked and usually not have too much appeal, except in some circumstances. Natural ones are my preference as they can make up for what we can see but the dynamic range of digital can't capture
          Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

Just wanted to try it out as a learning experience hence the pick it to pieces. Not likely to use this much in the future as we don't expect to see it in a photo I suspect.
            Hans

Comment

• avkomp
              avkomp commented
              Editing a comment
              as a learning experience, it ticks the box of not seeming to be hdr. so good work there.
              hdr does have its place though and is worth knowing how to deal with it.
          Working...
          X