No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springtime - better weather, good before-brekky light and a morning walk

G'day all

I've come out of my coccoon, thrown off the winter's hibernation and taken the camera for a morning walk. It got quite a fright ... there's a world out there
    Here's some images for you to enjoy

1- A pod of dolphins feeding on a shoal of small fish not far from the shoreline

exif- Panny G2 w- 14-140 lens at 140 [280 equiv]; 1/800s x F7; ISO-100

2- Dunes & grasses

exif- Panny G2 w- 14-140 lens at 38 [75 equiv]; 1/500s x F8; ISO-100

3- Some sea mist still lingering

exif- Panny G2 w- 14-140 lens at 40 [80 equiv]; 1/640s x F10; ISO-100

4- Ah- the delights of a walk along a beach of golden-white sand

exif- Panny G2 w- 14-140 lens at 45 [90 equiv]; 1/320s x F7; ISO-100 EV+1

Hope you enjoy a glimpse of my local beach in springtime - I like the before brekky walks for their light & shadow details, the colours and the peacefulness of it all
    As always, feedback welcome
    Phil

Beaut scenery Phil, you know I have a soft spot for the seaside. (Couldn’t you sleep) 😉

Comment

Where were they taken Phil? How cool to see the dolphins.
      Kathie M Thomas,
      I'm a Nikon girl
      Web Flickr

Comment

Captured a lovely morning.
        Better a full bottle in front of me
        than a full frontal lobotomy.
        Hans

Comment

Nice to see how the other half live Phil. Lovely images to wake up to. I'm only saying this because it's in PITP. The horizon in #3 is down on the right. Only slight but to me is more noticeable because of the angle of the two waves and where the water meets the sand. I hope you don't mind the nit pic, as I know lots of togs don't seem to mind if the horizon is a bit off, but to me it's essential.
          Last edited by Isac; 05-11-2017, 10:53 AM.
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
            Beaut scenery Phil, you know I have a soft spot for the seaside. (Couldn’t you sleep) 😉
            Thx Greg - I try to do a 1-hr before brekky walk most days and often take the camera too. Trouble is that pics & targetted exercise walking don't mix

Originally posted by HansE View Post
            Captured a lovely morning.
            Yeah Hans - we've had plenty of pleasant mornings lately - tho winter did give us a few cold / rainy / unpleasant days

Originally posted by kathiemt View Post
            Where were they taken Phil? How cool to see the dolphins.
            Hi Kathy ... Forster - Tuncurry between Newcastle & Port Macquarie. A beaut place to live & play and with lots of photographic opportunities for one [unlike me] who takes camera out occasionally !!

Here's another one of the local dolphins surfing the outgoing tide at the Wallis Lake breakwater
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	446497

Originally posted by Isac View Post
            Nice to see how the other half live Phil. Lovely images to wake up to. I'm only saying this because it's in PITP. The horizon in #3 is down on the right. Only slight but to me is more noticeable because of the angle of the two waves and where the water meets the sand. I hope you don't mind the nit pic, as I know lots of togs don't seem to mind if the horizon is a bit off, but to me it's essential.
            Ah - Isac me ole mate - yes you are quite correct in your PITP award for the sloping horizon. I should have seen it before posting, but like too many other times, I was looking at the atmospherics etc. Thanks for the feedback

Thanks everyone
            Phil
            Attached Files

Comment

• Isac
              Isac commented
              Editing a comment
              The surfing dolphins photo is really cool Phil. I don't get to see that so I reckon you're pretty lucky to be able to capture shots like that. Definitely worth framing!
          Working...
          X