Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning something new

After owning a speedlight for ages and rarely using it as I didn't know how to set it up properly etc. etc. decided to do a workshop on Saturday evening/night. Feel much more confident to use it in future - so money well spent. The guy running the course had hoped for strong sunset colours to shoot against but clouds from approaching cyclone Ita put paid to that idea. Later that evening Decided to try a high contrast processing on this
    Attached Files

Looks like a lot of fun. I really like the 1st one, the model would have been lost if you did end up with the colorful sky, as it is now, she really steals the scene..."As it should be"
    Not a huge fan of the last one...but that's just me.
    Great set

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Gaz. He just wanted the sun behind to teach us how to meter the shot but yep her hair colour would probably have blended in well lol. Was just playing with high contrast in the last - think it would be more suited to a guy shot.

Comment

First one's beautiful and the rest not bad either. Oh, and the photos are well taken too!

Comment

ditto what Gaz has said maybe with the others shots if you had shot across the port hole lights instead of directly in front of them, they are good shots
          cheers
          Rod
          Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Comment

Thanks Greg and Rod. Must admit I was more interested trying to get the exposure as close as possible with the speedlight in manual than worrying about composition.

Comment

Working...
            X