Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deb Ball

I work at a school where they take students who do not make it in main stream system, mainly because of their home life or lack of it.
    so come to college with out showers , because the guardian would rather buy grog, drugs or smokes than pay bills, some don't know where they will be sleeping that night until the DOC's people tell them, I am sure by now you are getting the picture.
    So two years ago the college started having a deb ball the first year they had 4, last year there was six, this year we had 12 and over 100 parents and supporters turn out to watch them, so here are a couple of shots.

cheers
    Rod
    Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Your story is both sad and uplifting Rod. As a parent it is hard to imagine someone neglecting their children, ie no food, showers etc. When I first saw the name of this topic my first thought was wow do they still have deb balls but I can imagine the joy of these young folks getting dressed in their finery and experiencing being the centre of attention for the night. Some lovely shots for them to remember this night and I hope they all had a ball.

Comment

Good looking people and well documented.

Comment

Originally posted by P Plates View Post
        Your story is both sad and uplifting Rod. As a parent it is hard to imagine someone neglecting their children, ie no food, showers etc. When I first saw the name of this topic my first thought was wow do they still have deb balls but I can imagine the joy of these young folks getting dressed in their finery and experiencing being the centre of attention for the night. Some lovely shots for them to remember this night and I hope they all had a ball.
        Thanx for looking all dress was borrowed or from st vines ,yes the students do a biz out of dressing up and it only for a short time feel special
        cheers
        Rod
        Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Comment

They look beautiful, so congratulate them for me. I'm glad they've had this chance.

Hope they are pleased with the photos. They should be.

Comment

Working...
          X