Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candid Shots of Grand Daughter

e My grand daughtr taken in Bali a couple of weeks ago. I'm attempting to convince her that she has the requirements to be a photographers model. Maybe I'm biased!
    Last edited by Ceedeem; 26-02-2015, 07:06 AM.
    Call me Col
    Canon 7D Mk2 and 5D Mk2, 100-400 LIS, 24-105 L IS, 75-200 L IS, 17-40 L, 28-135 USM, 60mm Macro, 100mm Macro, 65mm MPE Macro

I will be honest with you, I feel awkward seeing images of a young girl on any site these days, She is no doubt everything you feel she is capable of, but as a father of a 17 nearly 18 year old daughter I wouldnt post much of her let alone in a swim suit,

maybe I am a victim of the times!

cheers Eden
    I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
    Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Please dont take this the wrong way, it is just my opinion

I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center.
      Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Certainly a beautiful girl Col, and quite tastefully done.

I see Eden's point and while I haven't experienced similar problems on line, (have 4 daughters and 9 grandchildren), there are some strange people about and the potential is always there.

Hopefully none of them are looking at Photoholics for their jollies!

I might add that when my daughters were young teenagers and involved with sports. They at times had their photos published in the local paper. On one occasion some deviate made a phone call to our house wanting to speak to my daughter (name as published). Thankfully I was able to nip that in the bud and the police were notified. Apparently it was a common complaint when photos of attractive young girls were put in the paper.

Comment

After considerable deliberation I think that what you say may have some substance. Therefore I have removed the pertinent photos.I might add that she was not of the same mind, she wants to get her face out there, as she is heading towards a potential career in photographic modelling. I was able to convince her that there are some crazies out there who might see the opportunity to exploit her good looks and innocent demeanor. Thanks for the suggestion, it is all for the best, I am sure.
          Call me Col
          Canon 7D Mk2 and 5D Mk2, 100-400 LIS, 24-105 L IS, 75-200 L IS, 17-40 L, 28-135 USM, 60mm Macro, 100mm Macro, 65mm MPE Macro

Comment

Originally posted by Ceedeem View Post
            After considerable deliberation I think that what you say may have some substance. Therefore I have removed the pertinent photos.I might add that she was not of the same mind, she wants to get her face out there, as she is heading towards a potential career in photographic modelling. I was able to convince her that there are some crazies out there who might see the opportunity to exploit her good looks and innocent demeanor. Thanks for the suggestion, it is all for the best, I am sure.
            I wish her all the best and she has the looks for it that's for sure.

Tread carefully though as my second oldest daughter was approached in the street on the Gold Coast by a 'Professional Photographer' offering modelling opportunities which was nothing but a scam!

I'm sure if she does her homework, works with the right people and has Dad in her corner, she'll be fine.

Comment

Sadly, it's not a perfect world and yes I too would be careful about posting photographs of young girls in swimsuits. "I might add that she was not of the same mind....." Unfortunately teenagers think they are invincible and as parents/grandparents we tread a fine line between alerting them to the possible dangers and frightening them so much they are scared to do anything. Start by putting good shots in a portfolio for future use. Our local camera club often gets local girls to pose for portraiture shots - all fully clothed and we always ask a parent to accompany any teenager. Most of us give them a couple of our best shots. Hope she realises her dream although it's a tough world from all accounts.

Comment

Our local Camera Club is having a studio lighting workshop shortly. I'll ask her if she wants to be the model for that one.
                Call me Col

Comment

Our local Camera Club is having a studio lighting workshop shortly. I'll ask her if she wants to be the model for that one.
                  Call me Col

Comment

Originally posted by Ceedeem View Post
                    Sounds like a 'Win win' for all, the camera club members benefit by having a model and your Granddaughter has a chance to get some confidence in-front of the camera(s).

What if there were no Hypothetical questions?
                    CC always welcomed, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time - Thanks.

Comment

I hope so, we had a sit down with her mother about it, and provided that I am there as her minder theres no problem, theres no problem with the club members, that have a code of ethics that they honour and they are all good people. I'm looking forward to it. I'll post some results.
                      Call me Col

Comment

That sounds like a good space to work from and she will get some good feedback and hopefully some captures to use in the future. Eden
                        Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

As mentioned earlier, the workshop was a fun experience for all. Click image for larger version

Name:	260415_0061a - Copy.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	408523 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9850a - Copy.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	408524
                          Call me Col

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Very nice and everyone benefits - the club members get to practice and your granddaughter gets some good shots.

Comment

Working...
                              X