Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking the Bride....

The Old Mans proud walk that he thought may never come.

My Dad and my Sister.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0263.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	430475

I rarely ever take people photos, so it was with some dread that I approached the task on Saturday. The Wedding was at midday with bright overhead sunlight, there were many squinting eyes which made the job even harder. I did get about 160 keepers though.
    Cheers, Brad.

G'day Brad

With 160 keepers - you've "done a pretty-good okay"
    I am sure that everyone will be very happy to show off your efforts

Phil

Comment

Cheers Phil, thanks mate.

Not all the 160 are wall hangers thats for sure, but they all have meaning for the people involved so they will be shared around, and hopefully will be a record of the day for years to come.

My Sisters neighbour was there with a DSLR in hand also, she told me at least 3 times that she's a "pro" ( found out later she takes photos of kids at shopping centres ) , hopefully she will provide some photos as well. I was a bit worried when she had trouble taking some shots with my Nikon while I stood in the group, she kept getting mixed up with the zoom ring and focus ring, might be a Canon V Nikon thing.
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Lovely capture of your dad and sister Brad
        I'm sure your sister, and her husband, will love many of your images.
        Barb
        "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Always a good test to do a wedding Ironwood. This image is a cracker! I've done a few in my time and it often surprises me that the photos the wedding party choose to order are usually ones I'd delete. Thank heavens we are all different! They always see something that I would never give a second thought about - That's when you know you've done a good job. And you certainly did with this one.
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

What Isac said..
              Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Thanks for the lovely comments Barb, Greg, and Isac.

This is probably my favourite shot of the day, and I have done a few different versions, this being the version that I like the most, but I wonder if I have made it look too dark for a wedding photo. I burnt the edges which I think has highlighted the subjects, but I just wonder if a wedding photo should look more bright and cheery. Anybody want to comment on this ?

I have been very reluctant to delete many of the photos, because there are some that aren't great photos, but if I delete them there are some people that won't be in any photos except the big group shots.
                Unfortunately I didn't get as many photos of the Grooms family as I should have, but luckily the pro from next door took some so I don't feel so bad.
                Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Isac
                  Isac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I reckon just between you and I (and all other creative members), that you should post up the original and see what happens. You never know, it could get the creative juices flowing within some of our talented members and give some newbies an opportunity to contribute. Just sayin'

• Ironwood
                  Ironwood commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry Isac, I didn't see your comment til this morning. Will post original down below

Nice picture has that old feel about it. Put some colour in the flowers and you have a competition entry as well.
                Better a full bottle in front of me
                than a full frontal lobotomy.
                Hans

Comment

• Ironwood
                  Ironwood commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Hans, the old feel was what I was aiming for with my edit without going too far. I did some others that went further with graininess and sepia etc, but I liked this one the best.

I have been meaning to try the selective colouring to keep the purple in the flowers, but just haven't found the time yet.

Beautiful Brad. You can almost feel the pride emanating from him walking her to her new husband to be. That wedding was hopefully one of the biggest highlights of his life. He would have enjoyed and savoured every moment and it shows.
                Lloyd
                Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
                Flickr
                Smugmug

Comment

• Ironwood
                  Ironwood commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cheers Lloyd. Yes he was definitely a proud Dad on the day.
                  He is getting on a bit now, and a few medical issues have knocked him around a bit lately, but his energy for life continues to amaze.

Here is a more original version of the image. It has had a bit of sharpening applied, and black and white levels adjusted a bit.
                It is still cropped a bit, but not as much as my version in post #1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0263.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	365.7 KB
ID:	431029

Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Working...
                X