Click image for larger version

Name:	Fishing-2-.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	448499

Sony A6000 Zeiss 55 mm. (80+ equiv).

Attached Files

Nice scene with nice light.
    What were they hoping to catch ? I am not familiar with the fish down in Tassie.
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironwood View Post
      Nice scene with nice light.
      What were they hoping to catch ? I am not familiar with the fish down in Tassie.
      Trout Brad, the Pieman River is well known for its monster trout. They fatten up on white bait which come in from the sea and fishermen from all over come to try their luck. There's a couple of mounted specimens up on the wall in the Wilderness hotel at Corinna which have to be a meter or so in length and as fat as..

Only saw a couple of small ones rising from the jetty though. I didn't go fishing.. just photographing!

Comment

Ahh, trout. Being a North Queenslander I didn't even consider Trout as being the target (as you know, our "Trout" are a bit different to yours)

I happened to try some Trout in a restaurant at one time, wasn't real impressed with it, but being up here it obviously wasn't real fresh, no doubt freshly caught and well prepared it would be much better.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• seaslug
          seaslug commented
          Editing a comment
          Thinly sliced smoked trout on scrambled eggs on Rye.. Yummm!

Very appealing photos Greg. Something special about natural photos taken in your own patch. Crumbed or battered is about all I see with fish! A dear friend of mine had his own trout farm in Stoneville (WA) and he smoked them and sold them to restaurants. They were delicious.
        I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
        "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Working...
        X