X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silhouette

trying a new simple technique for me with my ever patient and beautiful muse

_Y7A0822-Edit by DarrenS1971, on Flickr
    Cheers
    Darren
    website

That's interesting, I feel a sense of darkness yet the background is pure light white.
    Perhaps it is her posture and nakedness and sense of isolated vulnerability.
    The side lighting is just gorgeous on her shape, especially as it delineates her arms and the back of her shoulders.
    I hope you post future experiments Darren.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

Comment

thanks Jo - I love the simplicity and balance - we have a client tomorrow wanting this type of art as she has been through some personal battles and is wanting to celebrate her victories.
      Cheers
      Darren
      website

Comment

Definitely a wonderful way to celebrate victory in a personal battle. I feel a sense of empowerment just by looking at this lovely image and 'feeling' it. Love the negative space each side and the so simplistic mono treatment, less is way more in this and I too would love to see many more in this genre.
        Jenne

My Gallery
        My Flickr Gallery

Comment

Cheers Jenne - there will be more
          Cheers
          Darren
          website

Comment

it is a beautiful shot, lighting is excellent

Comment

cheers Rob - Danette is standing about 30 cms from a bedsheet with a giant softbox behind the sheet, then I have either side of Danette flagged with a 8x4' black sheet and another black overhead to stop any spill (we have white walls and ceiling in the studio)
              Cheers
              Darren
              website

Comment

Working...
              X