Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by millicat View Post
    It's coming along nicely... just don't hit the walls when you've got the full suit on or your walls will need patching up.
    ! Thanks Anna. I've already got rubber on the bottom of the boots to protect the hospital floors. I don't think Iron Man is a match for an angry hospital matron....
    Australian Wildlife Photographer

Barry Armstead Photography
    ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• Love you to try and go through airport security in that!

Comment

• lol I saw a video of a cop car in the USA pulling up a black Lamborghini and Batman was driving .. in costume. He was going to the childrens hospital and does charity work. He had his real rego plates in the glove box or something but had to provide them to the cops. I can imagine Iron Man trying to drive and same thing happening .. that would be way cool.
        Anna
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
        My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

• Originally posted by seaslug View Post
          Love you to try and go through airport security in that!

Perhaps I shouldn't try......

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• Originally posted by millicat View Post
            lol I saw a video of a cop car in the USA pulling up a black Lamborghini and Batman was driving .. in costume. He was going to the childrens hospital and does charity work. He had his real rego plates in the glove box or something but had to provide them to the cops. I can imagine Iron Man trying to drive and same thing happening .. that would be way cool.
            Perhaps I should try that though....

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• I'm still hopping along on a crook foot, (nearly broke it) but I brought an office chair on wheels into the workshop after work today and got a bit of welding done around the table. One foot on the ground, the other knee on the chair. It works.

Started with an arm and shoulder, welding on the new component detailed features.

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• mammoth job Barry.... very impressive work and patience
                cheers
                Rod
                Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Comment

• Originally posted by wacko-ocker View Post
                  mammoth job Barry.... very impressive work and patience
                  Thanks Rod.

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• Knee pivot cap fitted.

Foot pivot fitted. Eventually the in the middle will also disappear.

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• I finally started cleaning up all the welds and seams today. Most of the grunt work I'm doing with a 40 grit flap-disk. When the disk is new it can get into the long corners, but once it's worn it's just good for the raised welds.

I'll get into the hard-to-reach spots with a die-grinder.

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• Got a heap of grinding and clean-up done on the arms and shoulders at lunch time today. Also had a good look at articulation of the elbow and shoulder pivot point and was able to design a simple solution. More on that later.

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• Flapdisk work on one arm all done. A bit of fine work in the corners to get to with the die grinder then it's ready to putty and paint. I've also sorted the pivoting points for a solid attachment that can be separated with effort but not come apart unintentionally.

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• Thanks to my friend Shane again, for making such a big effort to be my J.A.R.V.I.S tonight.

The suit was a little easier to move in, but we identified more places for improvement. This time it took an hour to suit up, photo-shoot in every angle, with and without flash, then de-suit. We are getting better!

The gap between the top of the legs and the bottom of the codpiece is much less now which just looks great! The arms now just clip on instead of having to screw together both at the elbows and at the shoulder bells. The trimmed-down neck allows for head movement now bus still needs a little more off it. The cuff on the right arm needs reshaping slightly to get my thumb joint out. Took a little skin off tonight, forgetting that when you heat up, you expand.

Lighting in the chest is fine, but it is quite obvious that the eyes are FAR too bright so will need resistors or a total rethink. Shoulder bells keep slipping below the edge of the shoulder at the torso, so I will be welding on a couple of flat hooks for them to hang off, yet still pivot from.

Back profile - Some big gaps in the armour here to be covered with either coloured foam or shiny red leather layered plates.

The hand plates and the achilles flight-control flaps need spring tensioners to return them to the closed positions once activated.

2nd full suit test fit and walk around. Better. Much better proportions in the legs to torso now.

Walking is OK, need to practice to get used to it but the arm movement is limited. I'm not sure what more I can do to fix that. Might just have to live with it.

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• Australian Wildlife Photographer

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

• Here's two pictures showing the hand plate in the open and closed positions. I still need to refine them, take the inside corner off and pad them underneath, but the hinge will have a switch under it that activates the hand repulsor illumination when it is pushed back by the back of the gauntlet.

There will be a return spring tacked on the inside as well to bring it back to the closed position snug against the back of my hands.

ASIGN Observatory II

Comment

Working...
                                X