Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project 52 2013-14

Soooooo I could no longer produce the dedication and time for a photo a day, upload, write a blurb, upload to flickr then to forum therefore now I am doing a photo a week. A bit more motivation to do a photo on the weekend. I will still document my life with photos on my phone but just not dedicate it to the internet which can be time consuming.

Here is my first few weeks.

Week 1 - 1cm grasshopper. I think I overdid the contrast etc but still .. it is what it is.

week 1 2013-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Week 2 - Rainbow amongst the clouds. Missed out on a full one.

week 2 2013-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr''

Week 3 - Green Ant stuck in the juice of the mango from the tree out the back. Have two good photos of it. The second one could be Green Ant walking on the moon.

week 3 2013-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

week 3 2013-14b by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
    Anna
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
    My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Funnily enough, here is yet another grasshopper .. I took a photo of two different ones this arvo and this is my fave. I was holding the leaf in one hand and my 7D in the other .. I'm sooo happy with how it turned out.

week 4 2013-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
    Anna
    My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Week 5 .. during the Christmas week. I thought I had lost my dslr photos upon upload .. so while in LR today i found them yaaay !! Here is our mob.

Week 5 2013-14 family by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
      Week 5 2013-14 family by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Week 6 - Norther Green Jumping Spider which you might have seen elsewhere on the forum as I'm pretty chuffed with the outcome.

Week 6 2013-14 Northern Green Jumping Spider by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Week 7 - Eve and I went to Yorkeys Knob to the playground next to the beach and Eve loves loves loves the monkey bars so these are her expressions while attempting to complete the course.

Week 7 2013-14 Eve by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
      Anna

Comment

Week 4 & 6 are great macros Anna. Looking forward to keeping up with your family's life through your challenge again this year. Can understand not having the time to do the 365. How's the job searching going?

Comment

• millicat
          millicat commented
          Editing a comment
          Thnx .. yeh job searching is still going .. I think most of the jobs are down the coast ! but have applied for a few. Waiting to hear back if I am successful for an interview.

• P Plates
          P Plates commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck.

Week 8. I went to Trinity Beach (just 10min drive up the road-ish) and did a fair bit of walking from one end to the other. Beautiful area for locals and tourists.

Week 8 2013-14 (19.7.14) by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
        Anna

Comment

This project is off to a good start Anna. Good move to drop back from daily to weekly.
          -----------------------------------------------------
          Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Thnx Mick for popping by. Yes was a good move to do weekly. Less pressure that's for sure.

Here is week 9. A combination of Eve in the rain, the clouds around the McCalister Range behind where we live, Onion is one of six pups dropped off at YAPS on Thursday. All so very very loving and wanting cuddles. They were so scared when they came in so I helped out with drying them after their bath .. but 4 days on they are much more confident. Love their personalities.
            Bromeliad flower and I googled and it's a Billbergia.

week 9 2013-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
            Anna

Comment

Lovely beach scene. Really sad that people can dump animals like that. Hope you're getting lots of lovely rain but stay safe from the wind up there.

Comment

I am trying to keep up with the Proj 52 lol .. It's hard not to want to include many photos .. to document our existence and memories lol.

*Kids first day of school for 2014. Kalen yr12, Eve yr 2 and Jess yr 10.
                *A gloomy evening.
                *Matilda with glasses on a few weeks after being clipped.
                *Wilson was missing for 34 hours !! I think he was locked up somewhere else he would be home due to hungry belly.

week 10 2013-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

*Mia the beautiful natured, cuddly, boistrous Bull Arab X. I adore her
                *me a bit sweaty after exercise
                *my new Ascics and they are womens shoe too and I cannot remember the time I have had a womens shoe fit me .. these are US 12.
                * The puppies of YAPS, Dozer, Diesel, Moe, Lleyton.
                * Eve and another tooth came out.

week 11 2013-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

A beautiful blue sky, makes a change from the cloudy weather.
                *Hudson, one of the smoochy social kittens at YAPS.
                *Hero, total smoochy boy. Stop patting and he cries for more.
                *Eve's hair.
                *Eve went to the shops with her siblings for her dads b'day pressie and came home with a rose for me <3.
                *Opal another social kitty.
                *Ollie the tabby kitty, he too is a social boy. These guys stand out significantly because they all come up to you for affection where as previous kittens don't.

*Jason out did himself and for the first time in 21yrs he got me something for V Day. (his bday is Vday so overshadows).

week 12 2013-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
                Last edited by millicat; 16-02-2014, 02:45 PM.
                Anna

Comment

Haven't seen blue sky for over a month here!

Another good series Anna. Sad to see all those cute puppies locked up, hope they can find good homes.
                  -----------------------------------------------------
                  Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Various flowers/bromeliads in our backyard.. which isn't great when there are outbreaks of Dengue Fever 100m away from our house (so the Cairns Regional Council dudes told me). Things like Bromeliads and any water that is laying in containers or palm fronds etc can be ideal plays for the Dengue mozzie to breed.

week 13 23-2-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Handome YAPS dog Mr Big (Bull Arab). He was my fave boy (adopted this weekend). He loves to give bear hugs .. part of his charm lol.

Jasons helicopter thing novelty of the moment.
                    Ladybird and ginger in our backyard.

week 14 2-3-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Mojo and Charles, YAPS dogs now both rehomed enjoying some paddling during their walk.
                    Jason at the sink .. not a vision I often see.
                    Eve having her teeth filled at the community centre. First time !!
                    Weather was gloomy but there was a faint rainbow in the distance beginning to form. Didn't turn out in the photo though.

week 15 9-3-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr

Bailey in the upside down chair.
                    Grasshopper looking at me.
                    Eve with Hector .. he likes her. Hector needs a home and is a YAPS dog.

week 16 16-3-14 by ladymilli's stuff, on Flickr
                    Anna

Comment

Great photos Anna ..... and a large variety of themes ..... glad to see some doggies getting new homes ...... poor Eve
                      Barb
                      "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Those cars parked alongside the road.. there's something that works well in that image!

A very ordinary scene that's nicely balanced and makes me want to look deeper into it.

Well done in documenting the daily doings!

Comment

Nice to catch up with your life again Anna. One of our dogs used to dig up all the bromeliads - never any other plant. Tried replanting them and spraying them with citronella but out they'd come again. Maybe he was just trying to protect us from mosquito borne diseases.

Comment

Didn't realise I hadn't uploaded for a few weeks .. must have been when the forum was playing silly buggers.
                            Week 17 .. I know I've got the wrong date on the image .. doh !

Eve came with me to YAPS and she got to hold little tiny 5 wk old Panda. She was the runt and being fostered out to help her grow into a stronger kitty. She was rehomed just a few days ago.
                            I learnt how to do fishtail braid .. awesome so did one on Eve's hair. Love youtube for teaching stuff lol.
                            Kalen was involved with the Jazz Academy at school playing his bass guitar and they had a performance evening at the local uni JCU.
                            week 17 23-3-14 by ladymilli&#x27;s stuff, on Flickr

week 18
                            Hubby with Eve's hair flopping over.
                            Fellow dog walker Tim with YAPS dogs Fiona, Jessie and Fred.
                            Kuranda train passes as we wait at the crossing.
                            Hommer a little kitty at YAPS who was super affectionate and has now been rehomed.

week 18 30-3-14 by ladymilli&#x27;s stuff, on Flickr

week 19
                            Hairy Maclary author Dame Lynley Dodd visited Cairns Regional Gallery and Friends of YAPS fundraising group organised a dog walk along the Esplanade. We had a good turn out. Matilda was pretty much stuffed after walking a few K's to the turn around point and we dawdled back with three rest stops. You see Matilda having a rest at the turn around point.

Crackers a beautiful little medium haired boy who was looking for a home for a few months but in the past week now has been rehomed.. awesome. I was helping him become a lap cat by visiting him each day after dog walking.
                            week 19 6-4-14 by ladymilli&#x27;s stuff, on Flickr

week 20
                            Cyclone Ita we fostered three 5 week old kittens Peaches (grey), Ricardo (ginger) and Violet (dark torti) .. they were awesome little kittens and only had them for 3 nights and then I took them back. Could have kept them for longer but with school holidays, I didn't want to leave the kitties at home with the teens / & Eve without adult supervision .. Although I trust the kids accidents happen and I would have felt bad !
                            week 20 13-4-14 by ladymilli&#x27;s stuff, on Flickr

Easter 2014 and the egg hunt out the back. Teens being difficult and not happy me taking photos as usual.
                            week 21 20-4-14 by ladymilli&#x27;s stuff, on Flickr
                            Anna

Comment

Working...
                            X