Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War ravaged buildings

Despite being a couple of decades since the war Bosnia has lots of ruins complete with bullet holes throughout it. Apparently the former Bank of Yugoslavia held the mortgages over many of these properties but despite it no longer being in existence, investors are reluctant to repair these without clear title being available. It is quite normal to see a brand new structure abutting a complete ruin, Working on an uncalibrated laptop not sure how good the colour/clarity etc is on these. Bosnia also has some beautiful landscape areas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2262.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	408886

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2576.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	408887

Colour looks fine to me. Those buildings sure could tell some tales.. Love the foliage growing inside, sort of an indication of new life after devistation.

Comment

Very interesting. In some ways it's good to see them still standing as a stark reminder of the not so distant past.
      -----------------------------------------------------
      Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Thanks guys. Sad to see but yes hopefully a good reminder so as not to return to those days.

Comment

ditto with what every one has said..... good captures that are a reminder of what Bosnia has been though
          cheers
          Rod
          Wacko-Ocker Photography

I shoot with a camera until I get paid to say other wise

www.wacko-ocker.smugmug.com

Comment

Working...
          X