Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Bled

It was overcast, drizzly showers and quite cold when we arrived in Lake Bled. Most people were walking around the lake with jackets and umbrellas handy, the rest were English tourists - and yes the three guys did go in for a swim.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC4750-swimming.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	409775

Nice shot P Plates, although poorly timed. You could have waited till the three figures on the jetty were in the water, and some of the people in the water emerged. Would make for a more interesting, pleasant shot!!
    Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Too inhibited when shooting strangers to wait for the perfect moment Charles.

Comment

• sejac
        sejac commented
        Editing a comment
        The trick is to lurk and look innocent and harmless, prefocus, and shoot with lightning speed! Just propping the camera in your lap or similar can work too. Also, taking photos of something else can be a distraction too till you are ready.

My comment was more directed at the more attractive looking females in the water, which would make a more interesting sight than those you have captured. Pleasing shot nevertheless.

As a snapshot it works well and tells a story.

I can see where Charles is coming from though - he was always casticatiging me for not including sirens in my beach photos.

The points he makes about shooting candids are also the techniques I use too
      Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Thanks Alan. I'd never make a street photographer - have tried a few different techniques to make the fact I'm taking a shot less obvious and never been happy with them.

Comment

Working...
        X