• Show
Clear All

• Christmas BAH!

Santa Binned - Wheelie sad to see

[
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Maybe not so sad Alan probably put there by some spoilt disgruntled child.
    If you wish to Learn first learn silence.
    Cheers Pete.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/128884981@N07/

Comment

After closer inspection Alan, I have some bad news for you. It's not the real Santa. So we can all rest easy, knowing that the real Santa is still out there working feverishly with his massive crew of little helpers, just to bring us a little joy in the upcoming festive season.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thank Greg - but when I'm ruler of the world, the first thing to be banned will be Christmas - quickly followed by cappuccinos, meals on planks and Easter eggs (don't get me started)

Feel free to add to the list
        Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• Pete
          Pete commented
          Editing a comment
          How did cappuccinos get on the list??? Love my coffee no matter which way it comes.

Way too much noisy grinding/blending and clanking and phisshing and performing superficial surface works of art.
        Conversation stops while the next Barista masterpiece emerges from the Stainless Steel Monstrosity
        While I queue up for precious minutes just trying to order a pie and chocolate milk
        See - I told you - don't get me started

Ahh old age - I love it

Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• sejac
          sejac commented
          Editing a comment
          Too late Alan. Charles is getting slow, and I read the rubbish you wrote.

You don't know much. There are quite a few dog philosophers. At the moment, I'm reading "Republic" by the ancient Greek dog philosopher, Pluto.

And Wittgenstein is OK. His preoccupation with language and the world is a bit passe. I prefer another great dog philosopher, Noam Chompsky. He easily has explained the origin of language in us. It's all down to our genes.

I'm more of a Logical Positivist at the moment. Kant has already proved what a load of rubbish metaphysics is, and the Logical Positivists have shown that science, dogs and common sense is all there is. There is nothing else worth worrying about.

I'm also interested in more revolutionary ideas too. Charles said I should read a bit of Groucho Marx and his theories on revolution.

Bella 'Che' Guevara

• Pete
          Pete commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep I love old age, Um I think, Um what were we saying. At first I thought you were talking about the checkout then I realized you, you, you, Um. Aw never mind. I find myself at the top of the stairs now did I just come up or was I about to go down. Man I'd love a cup coffee right now. Some said something about choc milk that sounds nice.

• Alan
          Alan commented
          Editing a comment
          Be careful about what Charles recommends in reading material, Bella.

Groucho had a rather cavalier approach in referring to dogs

"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's too dark too read" GM

just saying..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVMqa26xRDs

http://thebeanstalker.com/2011/300-v...-they-teach-us

I rest my case

As Pete says, it's about the Coffee
        Last edited by Alan; 26-04-2016, 11:20 PM.
        Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Alan, are you one of these grumpy old men that give seniors a bad name ??? it's a worry. Go and hug a Poodle.
          Anna
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
          My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Sorry Anna, I've been away from the poodles for a couple of nights camping with a dodgy laptop - home now. Normal programs will resume shortly after some dog hugging and some research into Groucho Marxism

Apparently a theory of comedic revolution, which is much more than a blueprint for crass struggle: like a red light in a window, it illuminates humanity's inevitable destiny, the declasse society. G-Marxism is the theory of permanent revelry. (Down boy! There, that's a good dogma.)
            Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• Pete
              Pete commented
              Editing a comment
              Are we not all Groucho's

• sejac
              sejac commented
              Editing a comment
              PDS - Poodle Deprivation Syndrome. A well known condition many old people are prone to suffer from.
          Working...
          X