X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't look down

Centre Comercial Arenes de Barcelona

Lloyd
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr
    Smugmug

Great capture.

The base looks like a huge roulette wheel...imagine if someone gave it a big spin while you were up there
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

I hate looking down from tall structures.. no problems with mountains.. but can't handle the man made stuff.

Quite a shot, better you than me!

Comment

Thanks guys. Mick, it is naturally a huge round shopping centre called the Arena and you go right up top and walk right around it for a look around. Over one side there was a high class hotel with the pool on the top - and topless women sunbathing!! They didn't care that people were walking around looking at them, as a gentleman I naturally averted my eyes (before Chris whacked me one hahaha). It was pretty bloody hot up there as well. It also looks down onto the worst roundabout I have ever laid eyes on, it has 12 sets of lights!!

]
        Lloyd
        Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
        Flickr
        Smugmug

Comment

I can 'look out' from high places, but I cannot 'look down' ..... I always have the urge to jump

I would hate to be a motorist on the roundabout, but it makes for an interesting place to observe from your position
          Barb
          "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Superb work Lloyd. Love all the curves and circles - puts a lot of fun into the images. That round-a-bout was probably designed by a road planner who lives within walking distance to his office and doesn't get out much - especially for a drive in a car!
            I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
            "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Ah yes Lloyd, when I viewed the images of you and your son on the Harleys the word "gentlemen" immediately sprung to mind

(when I go down to the local nude beach to collect shells I spend so much time averting my eyes I never find any shells )
              -----------------------------------------------------
              Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

I agree with Isac, the curves make for added interest.
                I think the red funnel leading down and creating the linear narrowing perspective really does give a giddying sense of height.
                Are those ants down there.. or people? :-)
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
                Haven't been there, not done that.
                Jo

Comment

Thanks guys, yes, it gives you a bit of a weird feeling looking down there. I hope the nude beaches aren't taking up too much of your time looking for shells Mick, there's only so many you can display in the house

Barb, it took us 5 minutes to get from the far side where the columns are to the side the shot was from. The cars would get precedent over the poor pedestrians with light changes.
                  Lloyd
                  Flickr
                  Smugmug

Comment

Working...
                  X