Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The extension.

Next door complete with guard dog. (First photo from new quad copter).

Click image for larger version

Name:	The extension.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	391.9 KB
ID:	438670

DJI Phantom 3 advanced.

Good stuff Greg. Look forward to watching you progress with this.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

Thanks Toddy, I need to keep reminding myself that this one is not a toy like my first one and there's serious dollars tied up in it!

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun Greg. I'd love to play with one but don't think I'd have much use for it.
        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by wigz View Post
          Looks like a lot of fun Greg. I'd love to play with one but don't think I'd have much use for it.
          Just another angle on everything Alan. I often curse that I'm not in a better position for sunsets and sunrises. I'd like also to get a different view on many of the rivers and lakes around the north of the state. Don't know if I can do them justice, but it's got to be fun trying.

Got to have boy's toys in my retirement!

Comment

I just bought a cheapie to practice crashing and to see if I like it.
            Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              I just bought a cheapie to practice crashing and to see if I like it.
              My cheapy survived a couple of months of practice flying. It certainly helped me get some control in a relatively tight back yard.

The Phantom is much easier to fly with the inbuilt GPS stability but getting the software updated and working just to get it flying was a bit of a headache. There's a lot they don't tell you in the instructions and you need to do quite a bit of searching through the support network to find the tricks which get the bird to link properly with the controller. It took me a week but I seem to have it sorted now. I'm quite impressed especially in a bit of wind. I recon it was blowing 15 knots this morning but it maintained position quite well.

Comment

Looking good Greg! They are fun aren't they.
                Lloyd
                Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
                Flickr
                Smugmug

Comment

• seaslug
                  seaslug commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sure are, got to keep the mind and body active!
              Working...
              X