Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Wilson

Today our 15yo Wilson cat crossed rainbow bridge to the fields of freedom and good health. We let him out the backyard where he moseys around and eats some grass etc. Only prob 15mins and Kalen (my 20yo son) asked where he was (he is like a mother hen to the cat) and he went walking around and next thing we hear 'muum' 'muum, help'. He had Wilson in his arms all limp. He was gone. Hubby said it looked like he had choked, couldn't breath as his tongue was blue. Anyways a bit later after dog walk Matilda sniffed something and she found vomit. I'm thinking he maybe had something stuck in his throat.. I don't know .. but anyways we took him straight to the vets and he is to be cremated. We are all so devastated by it and hard to believe he is gone. He wasn't the lap cat or the social boy, he was a loner but he had his routines and we would give him cuddles when we wanted to, sometimes much to his disgust. Bless him. For a rescue cat at 8mths of age to a senior of 15yo .. that's a good stint.. but I am sure he could have done more years even with his rotten teeth.
    Here is a collage I did of him which will enter my 2017 photobook... yes I am still doing the Project 52 .. except I didn't document 2016 and it will be a royal pain in the but to sort it out and remember stuff .. of course relevant info will be on fb.

RIP Wilson <3
    RIP Wilson Simpson 30.6.17 by Anna Simpson, on Flickr
    Anna
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
    My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

My condolences for your loss.
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

RIP Wilson. Sad loss for you Anna. It's hard losing a pet. My sincere sympathy to you and the family.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss Anna.

By a sad coincidence, my cat Chou Chou passed away on the same day. She was over 20 years old and died peacefully in her warm bed.
        Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

• millicat
          millicat commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh no, sorry to hear about Chou Chou, so they crossed rainbow bridge together .. On the flip side the YAPS resident cat Hector turned 16yo on the same day ..
          It's a huge heartbreak but helps when you have other pets to help you through it.

• Isac
          Isac commented
          Editing a comment
          It's lovely of you to think of us as pets Anna - thank you

Sorry to hear.

Comment

Sorry to hear the news of Chou Chou passing away Charles.
          As bad things happen in threes, I want all members who have cats, to PLEASE keep an eye on them!
          I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
          "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thank you all ... ..we have to soldier on and have some fond memories of Wilson. Two furbabies from the same forum on the same day .. that is a first. :/
            Anna
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/ladymilli/
            My stuff - 7D |100mm macro|Tamron 17-50mm|50mm 1.8|Sigma 50mm 1.4| stuff for macro

Comment

Working...
            X