Clear All

• Waratah

Opening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Waratah 1a.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	446712

Very nice treatment Greg, a lovely look. If you use "Faststone", flip it horizontally and see what you think. I use Faststone for all my quick edits, and it's my default image viewer - mainly because it is so quick. It's a freebie!
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      So was CS3.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      I meant that Faststone is one of the best viewers, when you're looking through your photos. Super quick and you can do quick edits or change views without loading into Photoshop. Have you used Faststone as a photo viewer?

• seaslug
      seaslug commented
      Editing a comment
      No I haven't. I tend to use the Windows system for storage and viewing and find this quite adequate for my needs. I have a few editing programs on the computer, (more than I need) but use Lightroom and PS for the majority of my editing which is pretty basic compared to what you do. I get confused and like to stick with what I know. I'm still learning CS3 as it will do way more than I understand at the moment.

Originally posted by Isac View Post
    Very nice treatment Greg, a lovely look. If you use "Faststone", flip it horizontally and see what you think. I use Faststone for all my quick edits, and it's my default image viewer - mainly because it is so quick. It's a freebie!
    Didn't like the full flip but settled on a compromise which I think balances it up nicely. Thanks for the comment..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Waratah 1b.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	446747

Comment

Well done Greg, looks great. I only mentioned the flip because we humans view from right to left. That's just me. I really hope you decide to give Faststone Image Viewer a go. I'd love your opinion on it. I only use 2 programs now and they're Faststone and Photoshop. I look through my images with Faststone and then do my quick edits like shadows or levels, sharpen etc then open it in Photoshop with a hot key. It flicks through images really fast. I have set Faststone as my default image viewer and whenever I click on a JPG file, it displays instantly at full resolution, full screen. Please give it a go, you'll be amazed! I hope other members give it a go as well.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• seaslug
        seaslug commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure your right, had Instanview a while back and found that useful, but I've settled into a routine now which works for me. I'll have a look on my laptop sometime.
        (Bit suspicious of anything that's free.. and have had other programs 'take over' my image files which I don't like at all). I don't have the IT skills that you have and struggle when things don't go as planned.

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        Good on you for having a go Greg, I would never recommend anything that does horrible things to your computer. I've been using Faststone for many years now and everyone that's installed it from my recommendation is still using it. The guys at Faststone are great and I asked if they could add a button "Save Exif" to the clipboard as text so I could paste it where I wanted it and they coded it in to their next updated version and sent me a "thank you". I use that feature regularly. All I do is move my mouse to the right side of the screen and the image info box pops up. I then right-click anywhere on the exif data and choose "Copy Exif to Clipboard". I can then paste it anywhere in any program! If you (or any other members) want a hand with anything at all, I'm only a PM away, so don't hesitate to get in touch please! I love to help out.
        Last edited by Isac; 15-11-2017, 09:57 AM.
    Working...
    X