Clear All

• Leaf

Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaf .jpg
Views:	29
Size:	495.3 KB
ID:	407521

Sony A7 F2.5 1/3200 ISO 100

The selective colouring works well in this. It's just a pity the leaf wasn't more red which I think would have made for a stronger image.

Comment

Hi Greg,

How's the A7 generally? Have contemplated ungrading to a mirrorless FF.

I presumed this is in-camera selective mode. Works well in isolating the leave's colour.

Agree with PP.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenspeed View Post
        Hi Greg,

How's the A7 generally? Have contemplated ungrading to a mirrorless FF.

I presumed this is in-camera selective mode. Works well in isolating the leave's colour.

Agree with PP.
        No it's not in camera selective, it's just a desaturated background after selecting the leaf in processing.

The leaf is obviously dead and really that's what I wanted to highlight. It's amongst surroundings which wouldn't support a brightly coloured leaf as it would be well and truely out of place.

The A7 works fine but doesn't really suit my style of photography. My tendancy is to grab one of the other Sonys I have (57 & 65) when I'm on walk about.

I was led to believe that with the dedicated adapter I would be able to use all of my A mount lenses on the camera, but I don't find that successful as it's just too much of a crop (10Mp file out of a 24mp camera) and the quality suffers. It's excellent with the Zeiss 55mm lens fitted but I find that more suited to portrait work and I don't do much of that any more.

They are very good to use with live view and have peaking colours when in manual focus and I find that great. (My other Sonys have that too).

I'm considering selling if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by seaslug View Post
          I'm considering selling if you're interested.
          Thanks Greg. Unfortunately funds has to be diverted to fixing a broken crown. Damn Pink Lady apple!!!
          It is interesting point on the A series lenses on the A7. Is it because your A lenses are DX? I wonder whether full frame lenses with adapter will still be cropped to 10mp.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenspeed View Post
            Thanks Greg. Unfortunately funds has to be diverted to fixing a broken crown. Damn Pink Lady apple!!!
            It is interesting point on the A series lenses on the A7. Is it because your A lenses are DX? I wonder whether full frame lenses with adapter will still be cropped to 10mp.

I doubt it given the good reviews for the Canon and Leica.
            The A series lenses are designed for APS-C sized sensors so I guess I should have twigged that they were not going to be great.

Comment

Greg, nice job of the de-saturation. Quite like the colour of the leaf, just like how I remember seeing them.
              Reckon only thing I would do is crop the top off a bit as I think the rock textures add oomph and the soft background distracts.
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
              Haven't been there, not done that.
              Jo

Comment

Working...
              X