Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Auto Workshop

A mate's workshop. Ilford FP4 8x10 rated at iso80. Rodenstock Sironar N 210mm
    Developed in 1:100 Rodinal with minimal agitation. Developed for shadows.

Looks just like mine! (Only tidier)

Beautifully exposed and lots to see.

Comment

Love it, looks like a really old fashioned 1960's style workshop that someone from the future has discovered and left their 'tricorder' on the bench.
      Star trek fans will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by TuonoV2 View Post
        Star trek fans will understand.
        Ditto. I placed it there last minute to contrast old and modern. I took a portrait of him too.

Comment

Excellent Images both! Love these.
          -----------------------------------------------------
          Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

The portrait is confusing me a bit, the DOF doesn't seems to run fore and aft of the focal plane, it runs from top top bottom?

Comment

This was taken on a large format camera. The plane of focus can be manually manipulated using the front or rear movements on the camera. You can create pin sharp front to infinity or controlling the DOF as desired using the movements. There are independent of the aperture size. It is hard for me to explain.

Comment

Great shots both of them.

#1 is so full of character and atmosphere. The B&W tones, and the details you have brought out are very effective. Let's just say I noticed the light covering the Service Centre sign. I can't see a way around this, and perhaps it doesn't matter anyway. While I'm being picky, and if I was working digitally, which you aren't, I'd clone out the letters creeping in at the top edge. Pay no attention to me.

Great portrait too. The pose is very effective, relaxed and natural, as is the facial expression. You have really nailed this. The DOF, with the OOF bottom portion of the image, worries me a bit. I would like to see detail here too.
                Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Working...
                X