Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pen

Been quite a while since I did any pen photography , I had the opportunity this afternoon so I got the camera out and set up the light box.

Yesterday I had the dilemma of two people wanting to buy the same pen at the same time, the lady who wanted it for her Nephew's graduation walked away with it.
    The other guy who is a regular customer will be back on Thursday, so I made a similar one for him to look at.

All the diffusers were packed away, and I wasn't sure what I was using last time, so it was a bit of trial and error, not totally happy with them.
    I should organise my lightbox better so it stays set up I suppose .
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3898.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	415969

Name:	DSC_3900.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	415970

Name:	DSC_3908.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	415971

Name:	DSC_3911.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	415972
    Cheers, Brad.

You don't have anything to worry about Ironwood. The photos are really good. They show your pen in great detail and in a professional way. Top stuff.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Thanks Isac. I try to control the reflections on the pen and keep them to a minimum, there are still a couple there that I couldn't get rid of. Looking at the photos here, the White balance seems to be a bit off, I used a white sheet of paper for the background, it has a pink tinge to it.
      Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Gorgeous pen and I like the colours in it. I don't know much about aperture but can you do a colour range selection of the background and change it to white?

Comment

They look pretty good to me and no-one else would have known what the background colour should have been. As Gabby said, it's easily fixed.

Comment

Thanks PP and SS. While Aperture isn't as clever as some of the others, I can take the magenta cast out, will have a play later.
            Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Here are a couple of edits, they look better on my monitor.
              I think since I changed over to LEDS I haven't got the white balance dialled in properly.

EDIT= The colour difference seems more pronounced once uploaded to the forum, the difference seems more subtle while still in Aperture.

Name:	DSC_3898 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	416020

Name:	DSC_3908 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	416021
              Last edited by Ironwood; 21-12-2015, 06:39 PM.
              Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Working...
              X