Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More new Pens.

I managed to finish a few more pens in between my real jobs.
    Here they are, they have bottle tops off various drinks which are wrapped around the pen tube and cast in clear resin, then turned to size on the lathe. A friend did the casting bit on this lot, as well as adding his signature Steampunk styling .

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7077.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	422429

Name:	DSC_7086.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	422430

Name:	DSC_7076.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	422431

Name:	DSC_7087.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	422432

Name:	DSC_7080.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	422433

Name:	DSC_7082.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	422434

Name:	DSC_7084.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	422435
    Cheers, Brad.

Nice looking pens Brad. It took me a while to see that they are labels carefully worked onto the pens. Must take a lot of patience and good turning skills.. TFS

Pete
    If you wish to Learn first learn silence.
    Cheers Pete.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/128884981@N07/

Comment

Brad, these are gems. Bespoke, one-off little works of art. Impressive skill.

The shots you have taken of the pens are beautiful too. I like the way the backgrounds highlight the color of the pens.
      Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Nice looking pens Brad. It took me a while to see that they are labels carefully worked onto the pens. Must take a lot of patience and good turning skills.. TFS

Pete
        Cheers Pete, thanks for the comments. These ones are all bottle tops, the threaded part has been cut off leaving only the top part of the cap with the logo. They have been pretty popular so far.
        Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by sejac View Post
          Brad, these are gems. Bespoke, one-off little works of art. Impressive skill.

The shots you have taken of the pens are beautiful too. I like the way the backgrounds highlight the color of the pens.
          Thanks Charles, your comments are appreciated.
          Though I have been turning pens longer than I have been photographing them, I find getting a good photo of them just as challenging as making the pens in the first place.

For this lot, I also tried a green background and also a red one, but settled on this marbled one.
          Cheers, Brad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironwood View Post

Thanks Charles, your comments are appreciated.
            Though I have been turning pens longer than I have been photographing them, I find getting a good photo of them just as challenging as making the pens in the first place.

For this lot, I also tried a green background and also a red one, but settled on this marbled one.
            How about embossed or parchment writing paper. Just a thought. Cheers

Pete
            If you wish to Learn first learn silence.
            Cheers Pete.
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/128884981@N07/

Comment

Superb as usual Ironwood. I like the photographic side of your work too. Very pleasing results, so I wouldn't panic too much about the images becauselike your pens, the finish is excellent.
              I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
              "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

Working...
              X