No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light and Shadows

As the sun moves South again, the light and shadows change daily

Last edited by Alan; 24-07-2016, 08:39 PM.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Excellent contrasts provided by the sun Alan. Exposure is about perfect. Interesting objects add to it as well. (except for the candle lean - too much "red" perhaps?).
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

A little too busy for me for a 'still life' ..... really like the light and shadow on the bottom portion ...... that could be a wall hanger of a wall hanger
      Barb
      "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

This is such a beautiful image Alan. So delicately composed, the placement of the elements, the light and shade subtly balanced and contrasted. Quiet poetic.

You and your bloody iPhone. (I know it's an iPhone, cause I saw it on Google+ or whatever it's called.)
        Charles

My indecision is final, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Isac View Post
          Excellent contrasts provided by the sun Alan. Exposure is about perfect. Interesting objects add to it as well. (except for the candle lean - too much "red" perhaps?).
          Thanks Isac. I did 'up' the saturation on the reds slightly. (I'm a fire sign). I didn't notice the leaning candle at the time, but in processing I thought the angle matched the other angles in the glasses and vase

Originally posted by Sully View Post
          A little too busy for me for a 'still life' ..... really like the light and shadow on the bottom portion ...... that could be a wall hanger of a wall hanger
          Thanks Barb. I did make another photo of just the bottom half (on Flickr), but I much preferred this one

Originally posted by sejac View Post
          This is such a beautiful image Alan. So delicately composed, the placement of the elements, the light and shade subtly balanced and contrasted. Quiet poetic.

You and your bloody iPhone. (I know it's an iPhone, cause I saw it on Google+ or whatever it's called.)
          Thank you Charles. I really liked it too.

Careen and I have different views on interior design, so we are constantly rearranging things around the house while the other one isn't watching, It just so happened that neither of us bothered to 'fiddle' with this.

The light hits the wall like this only a couple of times a year - I was just passing with the phone at the right time

I'm away at Wallaga Lake atm - using the phone as a 'hot spot' for the Laptop, while playing my music through it on the Avan sound system. (Also checking the ABC and Guardian News, weather and tides for tomorrow's dawn shoot of a rock only accessible at low tide - I occasionally us it as a phone )

I also use it to level the Avan. And for some obscure reason it sometimes tells me what the traffic conditions are like and how long it would take me to drive home

I could go on.....
          Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Beautiful.

As Charles said, quite poetic.

The framed image is quite something special as well as it displays your wonderful understanding of light, shadow and simplicity. (and interior design, but I'll whisper that quietly)

-----------------------------------------------------
            Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

Thanks Mick
              Alan

Flickr Instagram

Comment

Interesting effects..........well spotted.
                A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

Working...
                X