Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennyweight Flat Cemetery

Near Castlemaine .... contains around 200 bodies. The ground is very rocky and hard .... have no idea how they managed to dig the graves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161227-P1000893.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	436651

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161227-P1000910.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	436652
    Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

#2 stirs some emotions Barb. Raises so many questions......
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Sully
      Sully commented
      Editing a comment
      It was quite a 'heart jolt' to see teddy in the corner .... so glad we don't live back in those days, even though I love exploring and 'visiting back then'.

It is so sad and dreary, but interesting.

Cemeteries need to be more like Irish funerals where life is celebrated.. it's a short time living and an eternity of mourning.

There's a spot a couple of kms from here that has a mountain of old teddybears tied all around it. It's a sad pile of stuffing and dirty fake fur and bedraggled deflated balloons left for a young life lost. It makes me cringe.. it says to me that no-one cares anymore.

Best thing I ever saw left by a grave was a bottle of champagne... although... I was very tempted. to pop it and drink a toast to the living..
    Last edited by Phoenix; 09-01-2017, 11:53 AM.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

Comment

• Sully
      Sully commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps.
      I mourn for the very young, and those taken too soon ..... I do not mourn for the elderly.
Working...
X