Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sending one down

not been to the local grade cricket in ages
    but after much publicised hype, former australian captain Michael clarke was supposed to be turning out for his club side, western suburbs against the local boys parramatta,
    so I figured we would go and have a look.
    well he pulled out and disappointed all the kids etc who had turned up to watch
    but I stayed for the first session anyhow and took a few pix.
    grade games are good cos very often test or state players are on show and no one is there to watch really, and certainly no one to tell you that you cant use the 600.
    this one is parramattas' young opening bowler, Scott Copperfield (I think) love the determination on his face and the fact he is airborne.

d4 600f4 1/3200 f5.6 iso 400 full frame but cropped to portrait
    Last edited by avkomp; 10-10-2016, 07:41 PM. Reason: typo
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Great action shot. The dirt ripping up in his foot mark is great.

Comment

Terrific action photo - really froze the action at the perfect time. Great composition and exposure.

Capturing BIFs would have been good practice
      Alan

Still trying to make the ordinary look extraordinary

D7000 | D90 | Coolpix S31 | iPhone 6s | Mac

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
        Terrific action photo - really froze the action at the perfect time. Great composition and exposure.

Capturing BIFs would have been good practice
        yep absolutely correct. Bif practice works for all sports imho. good for animals too. dogs jink around like birds do also. etc the only change you might make is the focus tracking with logon setting on the nikon.
        I mostly use 2 for this on bif, but 3 or 4 might be slightly better. sportsmen dont necessarily change direction as fast as a small bird might. using the setting 2 means that the camera will refocus quite quickly if you happen to come off the bird, making re acuisition faster. too hi a setting there and if you say run off onto water, the camera likes the water better than the bird and you may have to bump focus to reacquire.

Comment

Wonderful action shot avkomp. DOF is great here with good focus on the important elements.
          IShootACanon

Web: isacimages.com.au
          "Don't touch". Must be the scariest thing to read in braille!

My Gear
          Proudly supporting Kaarakin Black Cockatoo Conservation Centre

Comment

Thanks folks, I think the key to sports stuff is shooting wide open. Removes distracting backgrounds and allows for fast shutter speeds

Comment

Wow, amazing action shot Stephen

No red ball stains or green grass stains on the pants (gosh they are a pain to get out) ... the stumps have taken a good battering too.
              Barb
              "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

You're making me want a D4!!
                It's the little things!

Cheers, Greg C.

Comment

No red stains or grass, believe this is the 1st over. D4 is the real deal Greg. Shoot in whatever conditions there. May be some cheap ones around as some pros update?

Comment

Good one. Not into cricket but looks like a pro sports shot to me.
                    I went to school with Michael Clarke. We used to play handball at lunch.
                    Rebecca

Comment

Tell him off for me Rebecca

Comment

Great action with both feet of the ground. Nice contrasting colours too.
                        Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

Working...
                        X