Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oz Day fireworks from a distance.

I was overwhelmed by the magnitude of the show as I've only been to our local ones for the last decades. I love looking at fireworks.
    So glad I know my camera well enough to make quick adjustments in the dark as masses of fireworks exploded and my manual 8 second f8 exposures were resulting in a massive overexposed mess.
    The fireworks took up so much more space than I expected so I didn't even get them in the image at the start!
    Lots of people holding up phones and ipads..I don't understand why they just didn't keep them at their eye level, but what can you do? Some of the wobbling over 5 or so seconds with their bright screens ruined many shots.
    I learned also that laser light shows can suddenly make you and your camera very wet, even when you are not in the front row!

Australia Day Fireworks by Joanne, on Flickr

Australia Day Fireworks Langl by Joanne, on Flickr

Australia Day Fireworks by Joanne, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77375175@N04/
    Haven't been there, not done that.
    Jo

Wow! these are really superb Jo. You must have picked the best spot and adjusted settings perfectly. That is an impressive display brilliantly captured. I'm in the bush on an iPad but they still look amazing.
    Alan

D7500 | iPhone XS Max | Mac

Flickr Instagram

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Alan. It was 30 minute display to gave me plenty of time to have a play. And yes it was right in the centre. I have a friend who took some from the outer rim and they still looks great with the boats and rive banks too.

Wow! Brilliant timing on these shots Jo.

We must just get the leftovers in Broome, don't get to see anything like this.

#5 looks like a weeping willow and love how it fills the frame.

Spectacular.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Question everything ~ Christopher Hitchins

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate that Mick. I just get the settings right from having a look on screen and push the timer button when the crackers start to fly. Too easy!

Gotta say - Brilliant job Jo. It was certainly a big display this year and your timing and "in the dark settings" are amazing.. As you know it was done from a circle of pontoons which gave it a 3D look - stunning and I heard it was the largest fireworks in Australia!
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Isac. The size of them was astonishing! They are multistory buildings on the other side and they look so small compared to those fireworks.

Amazing set of photos Jo. You nailed them
    Cheers, Brad.

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for that Ironwood. The beauty of being able to share selectively :-)

Wonderful display well captured.

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Coming from a firework capturing master such as yourself, that's high praise indeed. Thank you.

Spectacular Jo. Well done.
    Sony A7rii
    https://www.redbubble.com/people/Tod...ortfolio?asc=u

Comment

• Phoenix
      Phoenix commented
      Editing a comment
      Your lovely words are very much appreciated Toddy. They sure were stunning. So glad I went in.
Working...
X