Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echuca Steam Rally

Over the June long weekend Echuca holds a steam rally .... this year was the 53rd occasion.
    Everything from ladies dressed in period costume making scones; other people making damper and stew; draft horse team hauling huge log; vintage bicycles, cars, trucks and tractors; steam engines; pipe band; black smiths; markets; kids activities including an animal petting area and pony rides; and plenty of food.
    I will post images over the coming week.

#1 John Fowler & Co steam engine ...... this is huge and very impressive

Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

#2 Thomas the tank engine was near the entrance .... he appeared to have his eye on whatever the gentleman was eating. Very pleased the gentleman 'photo bombed' when he did.

Barb
    "If you change the way you look at things ........ the things you look at change"

Comment

Love to see and hear that first one going full steam ahead.
      Terry
      An Olympus E620 user

Comment

• Sully
        Sully commented
        Editing a comment
        He wasn't overly noisy (none of them were) but they were 'confined' to the arena area. If he was 'working' no doubt it would be a different story.

Nice photos Barb. Great detail in #1 (including the iphone user). With #2 you're dead right with the eyes of Thomas. If it had a tongue I reckon it'd be licking it's lips.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Sully
        Sully commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Isac
        Now wouldn't that be creepy .... Thomas with a tongue

Good shots Barb. Love these old machines.. although I don't think Thomas is quite so old. (He certainly gets about!) I have a few shots of him in Tassie..

Comment

• Sully
        Sully commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Greg

It's the biggest and best steam rally we have been to. We will revisit in a couple of years time.
        Thomas is very popular with the kids

#3 The scone making assembly line .... I am assuming the scones were cooked in the ovens to the right .... water for cup of tea/coffee was was sitting on the top of the stoves ...

Barb

Comment

#4 The Rushworth Wizard ...

Barb

Comment

#5 The old and the new ...

Barb

Comment

#6 Keeping control of the draft horse team ...

Barb

Comment

#7 The Comet steam engine ...

Barb

Comment

Working...
              X