Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enhancing the detail in Flowers

This is the way I bring out the detail in the petals of flowers:
    1. With the flower on the background layer, select the Channels Panel TAB and click on the GREEN channel. This will display the image in black and white.
    2. Press Ctrl/Cmd + A to select ALL of that channel, then Ctrl/Cmd + C to copy it to the clipboard.
    3. Click on the RGB Layer at the top of the Channels Panel to turn on all channels.
    3. Select the Layers Panel TAB and press Ctrl/Cmd + V to paste the selected channel onto its own new layer. Name the layer Green.
    4. Change the MODE of the Green layer to Luminosity. Sometimes Overlay or Soft Light give better results, just see what works best for you.
    5. You can change the opacity of the Green Layer to about 70%.

That's it. Here's the results:

#1 - Out of Camera Image
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2837-Bridal_Pink_Rose_SOOC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	427.6 KB ID:	481192
    #2 - The Green Channel. This is used because it usually shows more detail and contrast than the Blue or Red channels. Other channels may show yours better.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2837-Bridal_Pink_Rose_GREEN_Channel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	323.2 KB ID:	481190
    #3 - Result of just the one layer applied. More detail and contrast.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2837-Bridal_Pink_Rose_LUMINOSITY-70.jpg Views:	0 Size:	453.3 KB ID:	481191
    Last edited by Isac; 25-10-2021, 08:18 PM.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear

I dusted once and it came back. I'm not falling for that again!
    If you boil a funny bone, it becomes a laughing stock. That's humerus.

Brings out the texture very well Isac. Very nice image too.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Alan. It's a quick way to bring out the texture if it looks a bit flat. I have an action which does it in a millisecond.
Working...
X