Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Drama to Clouds

If anyone wants an easy tip to give your clouds a bit of a boost, let me know in comments. This edit took 30 seconds.

BEFORE
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7689-Clouds_OR.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	474.7 KB
ID:	485072
    AFTER

Name:	7689-Clouds.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	482.4 KB
ID:	485071
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear
    I dusted once and it came back. I'm not falling for that again!
    I never make the same mistake twice. I do it like, five or six times, you know, to make sure.

Go on, you know that you want to show us.
    My Gear

Comment

• HansE
      HansE commented
      Editing a comment
      Just itching to see if it is a new one

The 2nd shot is by far a more dramatic shot and I would run with that one easily.
    Show it how it is and not how you want it to be.
    Sony A7iii
    Sigma 100/400mm lens.
    Sony 18/55mm lens.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ralph, easy to do in CS6 as well.

Thanks lads, here is a quick tutorial for the cloud enhancement technique. This only takes 30 seconds.

1. Select the sky with any of the selection tools.
    2. Using that selection, Add a Solid Color adjustment layer. The colour is not relevant.
    3. Double-click the Solid Color thumbnail and enter hex colour code #191933. This is just a starting colour. Click OK.
    4. Left-click the hamburger menu and select Blending Options... (Double-Clicking next to the Color Fill layer also shows the Blending Options).
    5. In the Blend If: (Grey) section, hold ALT/OPT and click on the White slider of the Underlying Layer, to divide the slider into 2 sections.
    6. Slide the Left section to the LEFT to about 120 and click OK.

This should enhance the clouds. You can go back and make any adjustments to the Color Fill layer and the Blend If settings.
    You can also change the mode of the Color Fill layer for varying effects.
    If you need screenshot pictures, let me know.
    I Shoot A Canon

I never make the same mistake twice. I do it like, five or six times, you know, to make sure.

Comment

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      You are a kind man Ralph and thanks for your comments. I count myself as lucky with not having any major medical issues, broken bones, accidents etc. I know many who have so I feel for every one of them. You can only do what you can so I guess it's out of our hands for what we can and can't do. Like you have not read books for many years - too busy I guess doing more important things, like playing in my band, doing tutorials for Photoshop, admin on forum and editing photos for clients. I use Photoshop every day so it's all is just second nature to me. It's very challenging, so that part keeps my mind active.
      Just enjoy the forum and if you ever need assistance, just ask. If I can't help, I'm sure some here will offer guidance.

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that. I just don't retain information too well no more. I read a section and then think what does it mean then think what did I just read. And read it again. I am not good at following directions very well. Now remember I don't lie so this is all honest. I have got a $600 GPS so I don't get lost. I have read the instructions watched the YouTubes on it and come away none the wiser. I need to have people along side of me and say no not like that dopey this is what you have to do. I wish I could follow better but I can't. I have done a few photo tricks in photoshop but it has taken all day to do it. I would say it would take you maybe on the very outside 20 minutes at best. But not me. I have wanted to read so much but as soon as I pick up a book I am bored right away. I honestly am not asking for anyone sympathy here, but I guess this is a way to let others know that at some things I am very slow, but not because I am dumb but because I just don't understand what I read at times. Though I will will go back from time to time to have another go at it. And as to why some images may not what others like I look at them and if I am happy then that is good enough. But I do envy people like you that can do this, as I know it would make like so much easier for me. So I just do my best and it is all I can do.

• Isac
      Isac commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Ralph. Humans are never perfect so just hang in there and do what you can when you can. If you need help at any time, just ask.

Thanks Isac had a quick look and got a bit defuddled in 5 hold ALT/OPT ? and white slider?
    (I played with it though and I can't fathom out what is happening. Even with the opacity Got it. I had the opacity of layer one at 27% DUH)

Name:	ScreenHunter 818.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	485128

Name:	22031763.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	485129
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

Good that you had a go Hans. You only need to select the sky using the BG layer. I've posted a tutorial
      HERE
      I Shoot A Canon

Comment

Working...
      X