Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Kodak

Using Fuji-X Weekly Kodachrome 64 simulation. A display piece at a BnB we stayed at on Saturday night.

Now that is Classic.
    A HAPPY PENTAX USER

Comment

• K1W1
      K1W1 commented
      Editing a comment
      They ceased production in 1931.

G'day Richard

Ah mate ... thems were the dayz .... a simple point and click, F6,3 max Fstop !! amazing
    I note the small viewfinder with its swivel base and up and sideways viewing modes -- such wonderful technology

Phil

Comment

• K1W1
      K1W1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Having had a play I will I will never ever criticise any viewfinder on any modern camera again.
      Basically that little viewfinder gave the operator a vague idea of where the camera was pointed and that was about it. The image was displayed reversed and if the subject was not clearly defined it was pure guesswork.

Lovely history here. I too bought one in an auction years ago. I should put a film through it really...

Comment

I find old cameras fascinating. I was given an old Autographic Brownie a couple of years ago that is a similar shape and that viewfinder is a real challenge.

it has a great feature: a small flap on the back that allows you to write a note on the film for each photo. It required a pressure sensitive film I think.

I considered putting a film through but the bellows has a number of pinholes that I would need to fix.
      Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• K1W1
        K1W1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw a video about a autographic camera at some stage. It was quite a neat feature but from memory Kodak stopped making the film in the 1930s. I'm told standard 120 film will work but the image circle of the camera is wider than the film so the film ID data from the sides appears on images. A nice retro touch I guess.
    Working...
    X