Collapse
No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White-plumed Honeyeater...................

................. or so my bird ID App tells me. Spotted down at the lake whilst photographing the water birds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	White-plumed Honeyeater.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	475407
    My Gear

Good one. Have not seen one before. Shame he wasnt posing in a better location for you.
    Better a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal lobotomy.
    Hans

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      That's wildlife for you Hans, you gotta take what you get given. Hopefully a better shot will come along one day.

Lovely shot John. I agree you have to take advantage of nature when it presents itself and I guess it's better than having it perched on a power line. I've never seen one before so thanks for adding another species to the list. In post I would use a Dodge and Burn layer to just brighten up the chest area which would help give it some extra detail. If you want, I've now included an action to create the Dodge & Burn layer in my LUMINOSITY MASKS action set. Item 18, page 2.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Grumpy John
      Grumpy John commented
      Editing a comment
      Distribution

Endemic to mainland Australia, the White-plumed Honeyeater is found found everywhere except in the tropical north, Cape York Peninsula and the most arid areas. Originally a 'straggler' to Sydney until the 1940s, it is now very common and well-established, and has also expanded its range into the upper Hunter Valley all the way to Newcastle, New South Wales. It may also be extending its range into south-western Western Australia, but this is yet to be confirmed.
Working...
X