No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frogmouths are back

Found three Tawny Frogmouths roosting in a callistemon tree in our backyard. They used to appear fairly frequently but I haven't seen any for months. It is quite possible they have been there but I didn't see them. They can be hard to see.

These shots are pretty ordinary because of obscuring foliage and mixed sun and shade. I took these with the Sigma 150mm macro.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211203_Frogmouths_0006.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	482026

Name:	20211203_Frogmouths_0004.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	482027

Name:	20211203_Frogmouths_0002-Edit.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	482028
    Alan W

My Gallery

Not ordinary really Alan, you're being being modest. These are pretty good actually. They look as though they would be hard to see because they look like a tree trunk. It looks like you have really big callistemons, those trinks are really thick. I've yet to see these in the flesh, so TFS.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac. Yep, quite a large Callistemon and a melaleuca trunk in the background. Bit of a jungle just there.

Alan, I agree with Isac you are being too modest, these are great images. You are so lucky to have them in your back yard.
    My Gear

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John. It's really good to have them visit occasionally. They seem to have no fear and just sit there and watch you. I was within 2 metres of these for the photos.

G'day Alan

Looking upwards into trees is always a bit like looking into a jungle - but most of those shots all I / we seem to get is the bum + branches!
    To have full facials and great sharpness is a pleasure to enjoy

Phil

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Phil. These were too difficult as they were just above head height.
Working...
X