No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacky Winter Lunch

All shots are not up to par as I had to crouch down making movement come through in the shots.
    I had to shot under a branch which is never the best so I done as good as I could do on these.
    But this is a Jacky Winter with a just caught Caterpillar and is knocking it out a little bit or is it tenderizing the little thing
    before it is eaten.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Heinz Variety Sixty Two 15-09-2022 (98).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	491121
    1 now it is time to prepare it

Name:	Heinz Variety Sixty Two 15-09-2022 (105).jpg
Views:	104
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	491122
    2 Smack down

Name:	Heinz Variety Sixty Two 15-09-2022 (111).jpg
Views:	99
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	491123
    3 to the other side

Name:	Heinz Variety Sixty Two 15-09-2022 (114).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	491124
    4 hitting the branch

Name:	Heinz Variety Sixty Two 15-09-2022 (117).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	491125
    5 guts starting to spill

Name:	Heinz Variety Sixty Two 15-09-2022 (121).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	491126 6 now it is time to enjoy the meal.

Excellent series Ralph and wonderful record of bird behaviour.
    Alan W

My Gallery

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      Alan thank you as what you have said is what I was hoping that these shots would show. So thank you.

Nice series, the first and last look good but I think the problem with the action shots is mainly the shutter speed. At 1/160 there is always going to be the risk of motion blur.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      This was more down to me as I can't get good balance when I have to crouch down over and above anything else.

Shame about the motion blur. However, you did a great job at recording some interesting behavior.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• Ralph
      Ralph commented
      Editing a comment
      I personally don't like the blur but I can live with it knowing how my body is under the way I had to capture the shots.

Great catch. Looks like he's trying to kill it!

Comment

Great work Ralph. As mentioned above, the slow shutter speed contributed to the blur. When taking birds which are still, I like a 1/500th minimum (I do go slower now and then, depends on light). I have programmed a Birds-In-Flight setup (continuous shooting) on my top dial so I can turn to that instantly. Perhaps your camera has that capability.
      I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
      "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        My camera doesn't have that what you have got. And I could see what was in the view finder and went with it. Not looking at other parts of setting's.
        Yep my mistake and I am in continuous mode all the time with the camera. This day and where this was made it hard for me and it was in the shade as well.
        But honestly I can live with them how they are and I also understand that others makes comments to try to help.
        Though once it is done it is just that done and all I can do is try to do better next time.

• Isac
        Isac commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet you will love this setting on your camera. After you register your settings for action shots, you just hold a preset button (best on the back of the camera) which instantly changes settings to shoot high speed burst and auto tracking.
        https://youtu.be/Z-E38IwB49k

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        I will look at this in daylight hours as if I like it I can then set it up.
        Most of what it has said to have your camera set to is what I am doing now.
        I will look at my book on this as well as all points need to be there for my thick head to understand it all.

decent action series here.
      you the issues with the slower shutter speed
      I would either clone out that vertical thingy on right hand side, or crop a tad closer (I know you gonna tell me that was how it was, but just my thoughts
      Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        Stephen I did take out one of the weed stems but got a little too lazy and this is the truth of the matter.
        I did think of cropping tighter but I then thought people would say you have left no room to breath.
        Plus I am 5 or so outing's behind in posting and this was in the back of my mind as I want to get them done.
        So I just cut corners which washes up as lazy.

I love all the images.

I am thankful you edited out or repositioned the camera the foreground bokeh that is color white-is.

If possible kindly edit out the brown stalk that somewhat reminiscent of a vertical film streak

Comment

• Ralph
        Ralph commented
        Editing a comment
        The long thing on the right side is a weed stem. I did clone one out but then got lazy.
        It is not possible to edit out anymore as I have posted them and this is how they will stay.
        As I am not into post then making changes to suit other peoples choices.
    Working...
    X