No announcement yet.

All bird Photos.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of bird protraits

Some of the birds at this park are quite accustomed to people, allowing close shots. Still with 500mm lens though.

1. Purple Swamphen
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220914_TygumPark_0136-Edit.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	491197

2. Black Swan
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220914_TygumPark_0277.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	491196
    Alan W

My Gallery

Beautiful shots of some neat looking birds.
    Fujifilm X-T5, XF16-80 f/4, XF70-300 f/4-5.6, XF23 f/2, XF35 f/2, XF150-600 f/5.6-8, and a random assortment of 35mm film cameras.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks David

Good shots of a couple of lovely birds. Swamp hen is my favourite.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Taboo

good work on these. good light and details. had to get my fox out to chase the dust bunny from top right on the swan pic
    Stephen Davey. Nikon Shooter

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stephen, easy shots on quiet birds. Yes I saw the dust spot when I was processing it and then forgot to remove it - your fox didn’t do a good job, It’s come back.

Well done on these and I have some like them but I am far luckier than most with a wetlands close by to keep practicing on them to get better.
    That is only with the Swamphen as the Black Swans don't come to these ones sadly.

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ralph

I like #2 the most. Feather details is done exactly to how I would do it. If I was someone trying to make a book I'd probably grab that and put it to print. ;-)

For #1 did you have the opportunity to photograph nearer to ground level? This is the first time I see the top of the beak

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I couldn’t get much lower for #1 as I was on a pedestrian bridge and would have had to move closer which would probably have spooked the bird.

Both good clean and sharp images Alan. Lighting looks good, especially on the swan.
    I Shoot A Canon

Web: isacimages.com / My Gear / Flickr Photostream
    "I thought getting OLD would take much longer"

Comment

• wigz
      wigz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Isac.
Working...
X